By Temitope Ponle
Eleven African countries have validated the strategies for implementing the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA)agreement, according to the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (ECA).
The expert meeting was also on the sidelines of the 53rd session of the committee.
She said data was not available for other countries.
The AfCFTA entered into force on January 1. As of February, 54 of the 55 African Union member states had signed.
According to the World Bank, the DSSI is an initiative by the bank and the International Monetary Fund (IMF) urging the Group of 20 (G20) to help countries focus their resources on combating the COVID-19 pandemic and safeguarding people’s lives and livelihoods.
The initiative went into effect on May 1, 2020 and has provided approximately $ 5 billion in relief to more than 40 eligible countries.
In his remarks, Amb. Tesfaye Sabo, Permanent Representative of Ethiopia to the African Union and ECA, said Africa has made a vigorous effort under the leadership of the African Union, to combat this pandemic and reduce its impact. socioeconomic.
Sabo said this was done by working with global partners and through mobilizing the African people.
“These efforts have produced commendable results,” he added.
The permanent representative said the conference was timely and crucial for understanding the complex socio-economic implications of the pandemic and for charting the way forward. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3ykI
- Coronavirus – Rwanda: COVID-19 update (April 19, 2021)
- New report highlights impact of COVID-19 on African trade finance
- Association calls for increased funding for cashew producers to boost production
- Coronavirus – Nigeria: COVID-19 update (April 19, 2021)
- UNICAL, C / River collaborate in capacity building, infrastructure development
- 905m COVID-19 shots administered worldwide – Report
- Uzuakoli police station attack barbaric, says Orji Kalu
- Nigerian Customs Service Generates Q1 Q1 Turnover of N466.1 Billion
- Qhubeka ASSOS faces Flèche Wallonne and the famous Mur de Huy