The Bandiraku Fulbe Youth Association of Nigeria, Kaduna Chapter, on Sunday called on Federal and Kaduna State Governments to deploy more security personnel to Zango Kataf and surrounding communities to control attacks on communities.
According to him, Zango Kataf and surrounding communities are still under attack and many families are still trapped in villages, while those taking refuge in various bushes across the local government needs to be rescued.
“We urge the governments and well-meaning Non-Government Organisation to immediately mobilise resources and come to the aid of the victims of the attack.
”We also call on wealthy individuals to provide humanitarian services to displaced individuals, families and those who sustained injuries during the attack.
”Our members should remain calm and law abiding and cooperate with the relevant authorities in order to arrest the situation,” he said.
The attacks and killings have continued sincd June 11, and many Fulbe communities and families are being subjected to violent attacks, he said.
Julde said: “so far, we have received several distress calls and reports from numerous Fulbe individuals, families and communities recounting their ordeals, losses and deaths in the hands of their attackers.”
While the Association acknowledged the Government and Security agencies efforts to calm the situation and rescue several individuals and families from the jaws of their
attackers, more needed to be done urgently, he added.
“We call on the government to deploy more security personnel to reinforce and compliment the ones already on ground who are apparently overwhelmed due to the
magnitude of the crises on ground.
“And the geographical size of the area coupled with the difficulty involved in accessing certain areas where attacks are still ongoing,” he said.
Edited By: Chidinma Agu/Maharazu Ahmed (NAN)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3kAn