By Abubakar Ahmed
Zamfara’s government said it spent the sum of 2.9 billion naira on the purchase of essentials to distribute to various categories of people as Ramadan welfare.
He said the chairman of the main distribution committee of this year’s Ramadan wellness program, who is also the chairman of the State House of Assembly, Alhaji Nasiru Magarya, assured that the gesture will reach everyone. State beneficiaries.
He said, already, the speaker had set up various committees to facilitate the distribution.
Dosara further revealed that the 450 trucks of welfare packages containing rice, millet, maize, beans, sugar and milk were being distributed to displaced people, government officials and other categories of vulnerable people. , less privileged, inside the country.
“The aim is to help reduce the hardships people face and enable them to conduct Ramadan quickly with relative ease and happiness.
“In order to ensure fairness, equity and justice in the distribution exercise, the governor has ordered the formation and / or constitution of committees at the levels of state, local government, district and voting unity with members of the political class, labor, and religious leaders, ”he explained.
He noted that while members of the various committees had been urged to take immediate action, they were also warned against any form of professional misconduct that could deny any beneficiary.
This is in addition to social assistance programs for other categories of people, including orphans, people with special needs, internally displaced people, imams, government officials, Koranic schools. and other relevant organizations.
The main committee gave the following contact numbers: 08089036555, 08037754225, 08067234742 and 08062703232 for complaints about the distribution exercise.
The Nigerian News Agency (NAN) reports that welfare grains include 60,000 bags of rice, 50,000 bags of millet, 50,000 bags of maize, 30,000 bags of beans, 10,000 bags of sugar and milk cartons.
This is apart from the consignment allocated to workers, orphans, people with special needs, internally displaced persons, imams, Koranic schools and other relevant organizations. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yWv
- Eid -el-Fitr: Gov. Ganduje frees 123 prison inmates
- Coronavirus – Malawi: Daily update of information on COVID-19 (May 13, 2021)
- World Bank to construct 13.16km Lagos farm roads
- Coronavirus – Ethiopia: COVID-19 cases reported in Ethiopia (May 13, 2021)
- Eid el-fitri: Cleric preaches unity, tolerance to check ethnicity
- Cargo Airport project ‘ll increase economic fortunes of Anambra- ONICCIMA
- FIFA World Report: Give Every Talent a Chance
- Diaspora voting critical to effective participation in governance – council
- Visit Rwanda and RwandAir join the Basketball Africa League as official partners