Zamfara Speaker appointed as 2022 Amirul Hajj
NNN: Gov. Bello Matawalle of Zamfara has approved the appointment of Speaker, state House of Assembly, Alhaji Nasiru Magarya, as Amirul Hajj of the state for 2022 Hajj.
This is contained in a statement signed and by the Secretary to the State Government (SSG), Alhaji Kabiru Balarabe in Gusau on Monday.
“This is to inform the general public that Gov Bello Matawalle has approved the appointment of Alhaji Nasiru Magarya, Speaker Zamfara house of assembly, as Amirul Hajj and leader of state government delegation for 2022 Hajj operation.
“The Governor has also approved appointment of the following as members of the delegation.
“Alhaji Farouk Musa Dosara, house leader, State House of Assembly, Abubakar S-Pawa, Commissioner for Local Government Affairs, Emir of Talata-Mafara, Alhaji Bello Barmo and Chairman State Council of Ulama, Sheikh Ahmad Kanoma.
“Other members of the delegation include Babangida Abubakar-Anka, Musa Ibrahim-Yau, Hajiya Asiyatu Suleiman while the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Works and Transport, Garba Ahmad to serve as Secretary of the delegation,” the statement said.
According to the SSG, the appointment takes immediate effect. (
- 120 correctional centre inmates in Enugu gain admission into National Open University
- We’ll ensure changes in DisCos don’t disrupt service – FG
- Research: CSO tasks Kwara Govt on budget spendings
- Buhari salutes Army on 2022 NADCEL
- NMet predicts 3-day cloudiness, sunshine from Thursday
- Eid-el-Kabir: FRSC begins enlightenment campaign for motorists in Kano
- Barkindo’s death: NOG organisers call off 2022 dinner/award night
- Gov. Bagudu approves N52.9m for Kebbi boarding schools to celebrate sallah
- Nigerian petroleum industry holds night of tributes for Barkindo
- Our governorship candidate yet to announce running mate – Lagos PDP
- NSCDC urges newly recruited officers to maintain discipline, commitment
- Nigeria requires over 350m trees yearly to check deforestation – NCF
- FEMA, JICA empower IDPs in Abuja
- 2023: Group tasks INEC on peaceful, fair polls
- Influencer urges youths to maximise social media for wealth creation
- NOA expresses readiness to partner with CSOs, others on vote-buying
- Plateau APC Guber Candidate picks Butmang as running mate
- UK wants improved implementation of disability laws in Nigeria
- Running mate: PDP group faults voting by screening committee
- Gov. Fintiri commiserates with Barkindo family