The National Theatre, Lagos says it will host Festival of Unity between Dec. 18 and Dec. 20 to celebrate this year’s Yuletide.
The facility’s Public Relations Officer, Mr Steph Ogundele, in a statement to newsmen in Lagos on Tuesday, said the festival would rekindle the hope of Lagos residents as the nation recovers from COVID-19 pandemic.
Ogundele, who was also the Chairman, Publicity Sub-Committee for the Festival, said it was meant to celebrate life as the year 2020 wind to a close.
”Nigeria’s iconic citadel of culture in the center of excellence is set to light up the city of Lagos with a celebration mood this December with its first ever National Theatre Festival of Unity.
“The festival promises lots of spectacular performances, musicals, comedy, film shows and a street party among other events.
“National Theatre is providing all Nigerians, especially residents of Lagos which was the epicenter of the twin devastation, the avenue to relax, bond and heal from the ill-fated occurrences of the year.
“This is an opportunity for Nigerians to treat their families to spectacular performances at the serene environment of the National Theatre,” he said.
He said that the Festival has as its theme: ”Healing Our Nation” bearing in mind the COVID-19 lockdown and the #EndSars protest.
Edited By: Chidinma Agu/Wale Ojetimi
- “The Experimenting Public Relations Book is our contribution to the body of knowledge in Public Relations,” says Olorundero.
- Tokyo 2020 CEO says Games will no longer be postponed
- Confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Africa nearly 3.94 million
- Austrian company to provide 5 million additional vaccine doses to EU
- Pope Francis arrives in Iraq for the first papal visit
- Africa WorldTour team partners with UK security application leaders
- Centurion Law Group to file a complaint against Delfin Mocache Massoko, the Organized Crime and Corruption Reporting Project (OCCRP) and José Villarejo
- Video press release: Weekly press briefing on the coronavirus epidemic
- Nizzolo returns to Paris-Nice as Henao makes his debut for Team Qhubeka ASSOS