Youths in Abuja defy torrential rain to get PVCs
NNN: Youths in the FCT defied torrential rainfall on Tuesday to register for voter cards at the open air Continuous Voters Registration (CVR).
NAN also reports that the open air PVC registration was part of activities preceding the “Youth Vote Count 2.0 Mega Concert’’ to hold on June 25 at the Old Parade Ground, Abuja.
Miss Rosemary Okereke, a youth who spoke with NAN commended the initiative.
“What actually brought me here is to transfer my PVC from my state to Abuja to enable me to vote.
“The organisers really tried; they did their best; it is just that the crowd outnumbered them initially.
“Most of us got the information on Twitter, so my advice for other people out there is that this is real.
Mr Sor Orduen, a youth, also told NAN that the process was hectic.
“It is worth the effort, so what I am telling youths is to get the voter card.
“I am very sure with this, we can change the government to the one that will favour us,’’ he said.
Miss Sandra Edeh, a youth corps member commended the organisers for the initiative to help youths to collect the PVCs.
Earlier, INEC Resident Electoral Commissioner for FCT, Yahaya Bello, said the commission deployed more than 50 registration machines and 150 personnel for the exercise.
- 120 correctional centre inmates in Enugu gain admission into National Open University
- We’ll ensure changes in DisCos don’t disrupt service – FG
- Research: CSO tasks Kwara Govt on budget spendings
- Buhari salutes Army on 2022 NADCEL
- NMet predicts 3-day cloudiness, sunshine from Thursday
- Eid-el-Kabir: FRSC begins enlightenment campaign for motorists in Kano
- Barkindo’s death: NOG organisers call off 2022 dinner/award night
- Gov. Bagudu approves N52.9m for Kebbi boarding schools to celebrate sallah
- Nigerian petroleum industry holds night of tributes for Barkindo
- Our governorship candidate yet to announce running mate – Lagos PDP
- NSCDC urges newly recruited officers to maintain discipline, commitment
- Nigeria requires over 350m trees yearly to check deforestation – NCF
- FEMA, JICA empower IDPs in Abuja
- 2023: Group tasks INEC on peaceful, fair polls
- Influencer urges youths to maximise social media for wealth creation
- NOA expresses readiness to partner with CSOs, others on vote-buying
- Plateau APC Guber Candidate picks Butmang as running mate
- UK wants improved implementation of disability laws in Nigeria
- Running mate: PDP group faults voting by screening committee
- Gov. Fintiri commiserates with Barkindo family