The Moroccans progressed with a 4-2 aggregate score, having won the first leg in Luanda 3-1 last week.
They are into the final for the first time since the 20182019 season.
Petro broke the deadlock through Gleison, but Amine Farhane drew his side level to ensure they avoided defeat at home.
They have now earned a place in the final against either holders Al Ahly or ES Setif, with the two sides playing their second leg on Saturday.
They were off to a fast start off the blocks and had the first threat at goal in the 17th minute.
That was when skipper and top goalscorer Tiago Azulao quickly turned from range, but his shot rose inches over the bar.
Three minutes later they however broke the deadlock with a brilliant goal from Gleison.
The forward picked the ball from the right before drifting into the edge of the box and striking a brilliant left footer that rolled into the bottom left of Wydad’s goal.
The home side were woken from their slow start and pushed on by the capacity home crowd, drew level in the 28th minute.
This was when defender Farhane sneaked in to head in a corner-kick from Yahia Attiyat Allah.
The goal put off Petro’s calculations as they knew a second goal would have put them at an advantage.
They however kept on the fight and had a sniff at goal in the 37th minute when Azulao twisted and turned inside the penalty box.
But his eventual shot was deflected wide.
In the second half, Petro came out all guns blazing with Azulao twice trying his luck from distance, but he could not get a second goal for his side.
In the 75th minute they came close when Yano went for another scorching long ranger, but the effort was wide.
Anderson Cruz also had a chance with a shot from the left but it was saved by the goalkeeper.
At the death, Petro should have scored a winner on the night.
But Wydad goalkeeper Ahmed Reda Tagnaouti made a superb double save to block a shot from Cruz and the rebound from Job.
- Nigeria, others review progress on global migration compact
- NAF free medical outreach excites Kaduna residents
- Ooni urges Oyetola to rely on divine success for his second term
- Average price for 5kg cooking gas increases to N3,800.47- NBS
- Primary : Atiku visits Gombe, confident of PDP delegates’ support
- Ondo assembly passes 2022 OSOPADEC budget into law
- Okada ban: Lagos Govt. says June 1 deadline won’t stop enforcement
- Gov. Ugwuanyi sets up, operationalises 10 type-3 PHC centres in Enugu – ENS-PHCDA boss
- WHO urges increased surveillance as COVID-19 cases rise in Americas
- Mali’s withdrawal from G5 Sahel, Joint Force ‘a setback’ for the region
- FG committed to protecting Nigerians from harmful use of data- Pantami
- CAN, JNI pledge support as FG conducts headcount for teachers, pupils
- Delta traditional rulers to partner CSOs to deepen gains of MDGs
- I’ll complete airport, school projects before leaving office – Fayemi
- ASUU Strike: NANS protests in Ekiti
- British Council to establish Arts, Culture Academy in Nigeria
- Africities 2022 Summit: Backbone of the continent, intermediary cities absorb most of the urban population growth, according to a report co-led by the African Development Bank
- Lagos govt., Polaris Bank unveil N1bn fund to empower artisans
- Nigeria reiterates commitment to implementing GCM agreement in New York
- Okada ban: Lagos residents express divergent views
- Perm Sec. harps on need to revive lost cultural values, traditions
- Businessman arraigned for alleged importation of fake drug
- Enugu: No life lost, nobody injured in Emene incident – Police
- FCTA demolishes over 30 houses in Trademore Estate Lugbe, over flooding
- Salami Panel: Magu will still be prosecuted if indicted despite promotion – Minister
- African Energy Week (AEW) Releases First Video for its Energy Investment Drive
- Troops recover guns, ammunition from insurgents enclave in Imo – Army spokesman
- Couple charged with involuntary manslaughter of housemaid knows fate July 7
- FG, Netherland to intensify efforts at curbing environmental hazards in Nigeria
- Investigating Policy and Business Requisites to Boost Hydrocarbon Investment in Africa
- NGO canvasses for more awareness on laws against SGBV in grassroots
- Agroforestry, Land Use policy to address land degradation – Minister
- African Energy Week calls for nominations to its world-renowned African Energy Awards
- Managing internal boundary crisis key to sustainable development — Ondo deputy governor
- Digitalisation will make public service smarter, faster — Akeredolu
- 25 ships discharge petrol, other items at Lagos ports
- Smart Africa Digital Academy (SADA) Launches its National Digital Academy in Ghana
- Army boss calls for civil society involvement in tackling insecurity
- 10th Youth Development Webinar Program 2022 “Building Youth Resilience: Transition to Green Economy and Beyond”
- Buhari’s support gave me political glory – Bauchi governor
- ICT: NCC begins awareness creation on safety, security for girls
- WHO authorises China’s CanSinoBIO Covid-19 vaccine
- Court permits landlord to break open, change locks on tenant’s door
- Sanwo-Olu describes RANAO as vanguard association for national development
- Africa Hospitality Investment Forum (AHIF) Returns to Morocco
- Community leader, 2 others docked for alleged intimidation
- Zamfara APC holds mini delegates conference
- Indonesia lifts palm oil export ban after protests
- Three Professors Win 2022 Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) Prize for Impactful Achievement in Islamic Economics
- CSO to support implementation of $700m W/Bank water project in Nigeria