By Constance Athekame
A statement by Mr. Odutayo Oluseyi, deputy director of the press, Ministry of Energy, Thursday in Abuja, citing the minister during a courtesy visit to the ministry by Mr. Kevin Kariuki, vice president, energy, energy, climate and green growth. Complex of the African Development Bank (AfDB).
Aliyu said the power sector offers many opportunities for investors, ranging from distribution to transmission, adding that his challenge left 13,000 megawatts generated unused.
While appreciating the AfDB for its intervention in some areas of the electricity sector, the minister said more interventions were needed.
He said 80 percent of megawatts come from gas, while efforts are underway to quickly switch to renewables, through the engagement of independent power producers, which will ultimately increase grid power supply. national.
The Minister noted that additional interaction would be made between the Federal Ministry of Energy and the ADB on areas of intervention and collaboration.
In his remarks, Kariuki said the bank appreciates the reform of the electricity sector in Nigeria.
He said the AfDB would be happy with the success of the reform, adding that Nigeria has the largest economy in Africa and the success of the reform will be a guide for other countries to follow.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3Di8
- US Fashion designer Virgil Abloh, 41, dies of cancer
- FCT badminton club hosts maiden championship in Kubwa
- World Bank, El-Rufai applaud Kyari, as NNPC intensifies petroleum sector reform
- WHO Stands with African Nations and Calls for Borders to Remain Open
- NDLEA intercepts 12,385kg “Loud” marijuana in Lagos
- Incorporate recommendations into teaching curriculum to take Art Schools forward — Rector YABATECH
- “1115 C of O’s Yet to Be Collected by Applicants” – Oyo Govt
- CAC deploys e-Platform for registration of LLPs coy
- NSE, COREN commends Gov. Abiodun On Infrastructural Development
- UK to enforce new Covid rules from Tuesday
- Tens of thousands protest Austria compulsory vaccination
- French minister flies to Caribbean islands after mooting autonomy
- James Bond fan Fiala named Czech prime minister
- Buhari charges agric varsities to bridge food insecurity gap
- NIPC partners Isreali Embassy on i-FAIR 2021/22