Why I returned $4, 050 to passenger – Bolt driver
NNN: Mr Sunday-Francis Adedokun, a Bolt driver, has explained why he returned 4,050 dollars (about N1.6 million) belonging to a passenger.
“Mr and Mrs Toyin-Oke had an accident with their car along Airport Road, at the roundabout before Gossa Market, I was driving behind them when they had the accident,” he said.
According to him, he stopped and assisted them because he felt “it is always good to help others”.
“The husband asked me to help him get an Uber or any taxi to take his wife to the hospital because she had fracture on her leg.
“I told him, I am a Bolt driver. So I packed their belongings into my car and first, drove the woman to their house.
“Later, when I was going back to my house, I saw some dollars at the back seat where the woman sat.
“When I first saw the money, about 4050 dollars, a lot was going through my mind, but my conscience would not let me take it and spend, because my parents brought us up in a way that we don’t take what belongs to another person.
“At that time, I needed money for my house rent that expired in December 2021, I had not paid my children school fees for this third term and I am owing some people.
“But again, I felt that if I take the money and spend it, I may run mad.
“However, since I was closer home, I called my wife and told her; she said I should come home. When I reached, she asked what do we do? I told her I want to return the money.
“My wife was happy, saying it is a good idea to return the money,” he said.
The Oyo-born Bolt driver and father of three said he would not have been happy if he had kept the money.
“When I returned the money, I had peace in my heart and I am happy,” Adedokun added.
- 120 correctional centre inmates in Enugu gain admission into National Open University
- We’ll ensure changes in DisCos don’t disrupt service – FG
- Research: CSO tasks Kwara Govt on budget spendings
- Buhari salutes Army on 2022 NADCEL
- NMet predicts 3-day cloudiness, sunshine from Thursday
- Eid-el-Kabir: FRSC begins enlightenment campaign for motorists in Kano
- Barkindo’s death: NOG organisers call off 2022 dinner/award night
- Gov. Bagudu approves N52.9m for Kebbi boarding schools to celebrate sallah
- Nigerian petroleum industry holds night of tributes for Barkindo
- Our governorship candidate yet to announce running mate – Lagos PDP
- NSCDC urges newly recruited officers to maintain discipline, commitment
- Nigeria requires over 350m trees yearly to check deforestation – NCF
- FEMA, JICA empower IDPs in Abuja
- 2023: Group tasks INEC on peaceful, fair polls
- Influencer urges youths to maximise social media for wealth creation
- NOA expresses readiness to partner with CSOs, others on vote-buying
- Plateau APC Guber Candidate picks Butmang as running mate
- UK wants improved implementation of disability laws in Nigeria
- Running mate: PDP group faults voting by screening committee
- Gov. Fintiri commiserates with Barkindo family