Lagos, Nigeria. Monday, November 24, 2021. It was another night of recognition for Nigeria’s first fully digital bank, ALAT by Wema as it was awarded the ‘Most Outstanding Digital Bank Brand of the Year Award’ at the 2021 Brandcom Awards.
The Brandcom Awards celebrates and honours brands, agencies, and notable individuals in the brands and marketing communications industry who have distinguished themselves with tangible and laudable impacts. This year’s event which held at the D’Podium Event Centre, Ikeja on Friday, November 19, was colourful and momentous.
Commenting on the award presented to ALAT By Wema, the Chief Digital Officer, Wema Bank, Segun Adeniyi, said the award has once again affirmed ALAT’s leadership in the digital banking sphere, and how the leading financial institution’s innovative efforts has been appreciated in the industry and by Nigerians.
“This is another achievement that can be attributed to ALAT’s industry leadership as an innovative financial solution. We are delighted to be honoured with this recognition, and we dedicate this award to all our customers who trust the integrity of ALAT and have continuously made it their first choice,” he said.
Also, Head, Marketing Communications and Investor Relations, Wema Bank, Funmilayo Falola, who received a personal award of ‘Most Outstanding Marketing Communications Professional of the Year’ in the Financial Services category, expressed gratitude for the strategic industry recognition of the bank.
“This award truly humbles us; it is a big testament to our mantra that ‘ALAT is not just a Bank, it’s a lifestyle, and an innovation that has come to simplify seamless and inclusive transactions beyond borders whilst leveraging technology,” she said.
ALAT’s Brandcom Award is the latest honour for the digital bank launched in 2017. In 2018, ALAT was named the ‘Digital Banking Platform of the Year’ by BusinessDay and ‘Best Digital Bank in Africa’ at that year’s Asian Banker Awards.
The bank also won the ‘Excellence in Branchless Banking’ award in the New Age Banking Awards and was nominated as the ‘Best Innovative Digital Solution in Nigeria’ by the World Summit
Awards. ALAT also clinched the ‘Best Mobile Banking App’ by the illustrious World Finance Magazine.
ALAT is available for download on Android, iOS and web apps.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3EMh
- Wema Bank’s ALAT Emerges 2021 Most Outstanding Digital Bank Brand
- Only 1 in 4 African health workers are fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Ajaokuta Steel Coy needs special funding for reactivation- Al-Makura
- USAID partners state govts. on management of loans
- NGO demands safe space, protection for women, girls
- United States donates 398,970 more doses of COVID-19 vaccine to Madagascar
- Thousands of people in the Democratic Republic of the Congo desperately need humanitarian assistance amid a new wave of violence
- Statement by Chargé d’affaires Jess Long on the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women on November 25
- Safeguarding the Planet
- Rising violence leaves thousands in the Democratic Republic of the Congo in desperate need of assistance
- Mastercard Foundation and Africa CDC’s Saving Lives and Livelihoods Initiative Deliver First Tranche of Over 15 Million Vaccines
- NBA Africa and Basketball Africa League join 16 days of activism against gender violence
- The Board of the African Development Bank approves the new water strategy for 2021-2025
- African Development Bank Outlines New Health Infrastructure Strategy for Health Ministers of the Economic Community of West African States