A statement by Dr Peter Afunanya, DSS public relations official Thursday in Abuja, said reports disseminated in part of the media that the department tortured the deceased driver to death was misleading information.
Afunanya said the driver has never been arrested or detained by the department.
According to him, the method of handling suspects is generally in accordance with the principles of the system of administration of criminal justice and democracy.
The DSS spokesperson therefore urged the public to ignore the trend of fake news on the online platform.
The Nigerian News Agency (NAN) recalls that the President’s Senior Special Assistant for Media and Publicity, Malam Garba Shehu, announced Afaka’s death on April 6.
Shehu said the late driver died from a prolonged illness and offered the president’s condolences to his family.
The statement read: “President Muhammadu Buhari offers his sincere condolences to Afaka’s family on the death of Master Warrant Officer Sa’idu Afaka, his official driver, who died Tuesday at the State House Clinic following an prolonged illness.
President Buhari, who also shares the sympathy of the government and people of Kaduna State, described the late Afaka as an honest, competent and reliable person who carried out his work with the utmost care and great responsibility.
“The president recalls that in 2016, the soldier, while he was on a pilgrimage in Saudi Arabia, picked up a bag containing a large amount of currency and handed it to the National Hajj Commission, an action that won praise from the Saudi and Nigerian authorities. . (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yG0
- Police arrest suspected murderer of 29-year-old man in Ebonyi
- Kebbi to 10,000 loan seekers AGMIES – Official
- Chief Justice Delta inaugurates Abraka’s Judicial Division
- PSDC provides motorized water bodies to remote communities in Kebbi
- NPA appoints 4 CEOs, 8 AGMs – Official
- Gunmen kill Amotekun’s body in Oyo
- NGX indices increase by 0.29% on GTBank and Lafarge Africa rally
- Senate holds minute’s silence for Bode Olowoporoku
- We did our best to save Nigeria from insecurity – Ex CDS, Olonisakin