By Ismaila Chafe
The Nigerian News Agency (NAN) reports that Baba, a deputy inspector general of police, was appointed acting inspector general of police by President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday.
Baba’s appointment was announced by Police Affairs Minister Maigari Dingyadi when he addressed State House correspondents at the Presidential Villa.
He said the appointment was effective immediately.
The interim IG replaced Mr. Mohammed Adamu whose term ended in February, but Buhari extended his term by three months.
The event was attended by Federation Government Secretary Mr. Boss Mustapha, IG Immediate Past Adamu and Police Affairs Minister Dingyadi.
The others were the Permanent Secretaries, State House, Tijjani Umar and the Ministry of Police Affairs, and the President’s Senior Special Assistant for Media and Publicity, Malam Garba Shehu. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yFu
- The FG reconstitutes the boards of directors of NABTEB, NSSEC
- SEC accuses traders of frustrating electronic dividend registration
- Correctional center controller recommends amnesty for some inmates
- Society defines May 5 as National Bible Day
- SEC instructs CMOs to update investor information
- Coronavirus – Zambia: COVID-19 update (April 14, 2021)
- FG distributes inputs to 7,500 women farmers
- Intelligence gathering is key to resolving insurgency -GOC
- Coronavirus – Namibia: COVID-19 update (April 14, 2021)