By Ismaila Chafe
The Nigerian News Agency (NAN) reports that Baba, a deputy inspector general of police, was appointed acting inspector general of police by President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday.
Baba’s appointment was announced by Police Affairs Minister Maigari Dingyadi when he addressed State House correspondents at the Presidential Villa.
He said the appointment was effective immediately.
The interim IG replaced Mr. Mohammed Adamu whose term ended in February, but Buhari extended his term by three months.
The event was attended by Federation Government Secretary Mr. Boss Mustapha, IG Immediate Past Adamu and Police Affairs Minister Dingyadi.
The others were the Permanent Secretaries, State House, Tijjani Umar and the Ministry of Police Affairs, and the President’s Senior Special Assistant for Media and Publicity, Malam Garba Shehu. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yFu
- Ogun Govt. restates commitment to quality health care
- Eid-el-Fitr: Ganduje urges Muslims to pray for peace
- Coronavirus – Nigeria: COVID-19 case update (May 12, 2021)
- Eid-el-Fitr: Orji Kalu advocates national cohesion
- Expert wants greater investment in food security
- Incentives for the production of the digital economy in Cameroon (by Achare Takor)
- Ex minister, Turaki urges Muslims to uphold Ramadan values, peace, unity, benevolence
- Coronavirus – Daily update on the status of COVID-19 statistics in Zambia (May 12, 2021)
- Wet Season Farming: FG to distribute farm inputs to farmers