By Ismaila Chafe
The Nigerian News Agency (NAN) reports that Baba, a deputy inspector general of police, was appointed acting inspector general of police by President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday.
Baba’s appointment was announced by Police Affairs Minister Maigari Dingyadi when he addressed State House correspondents at the Presidential Villa.
He said the appointment was effective immediately.
The interim IG replaced Mr. Mohammed Adamu whose term ended in February, but Buhari extended his term by three months.
The event was attended by Federation Government Secretary Mr. Boss Mustapha, IG Immediate Past Adamu and Police Affairs Minister Dingyadi.
The others were the Permanent Secretaries, State House, Tijjani Umar and the Ministry of Police Affairs, and the President’s Senior Special Assistant for Media and Publicity, Malam Garba Shehu. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yFu
- The Senate adjourns the plenary following the death of 2 legislators
- 20th NSF: Delta dominates golf medal table with 5 gold medals
- My goal now is the Tokyo Olympic medal for Nigeria – Brume
- Ramadan: cleric urges Muslims to pray to end insecurity
- PDP Minority Leader in Nasarawa’s Flaws at APC
- Fukushima: South Korea angry with Japan
- Oro central market in Kwara on fire
- Fulani youth groups want to end extrajudicial executions
- Monitoring progress towards achieving universal health coverage: Eritrea