By Chinyere Joel-Nwokeoma
The N20 billion ETN would allow the company to operate optimally in the farming economy.
Akinboro said the matchmaker with a strong background in digitization had obtained approval for its application to join the LCFE Rating Committee and would list at any time.
Akinboro said that VC’s listing would allow the company to access liquidity, operate under the rules and regulations of the Exchange as evidence of transparency and provide opportunities to create new forms of asset classes.
He said the capital raising program would be in installments of 1.5 billion naira each over the next 36 months.
The Nigerian News Agency (NAN) reports that VC offers a business-to-business solution to major players by connecting them through a trading platform called Easy Trade and facilitating transparent transactions.
Also speaking, the chief executive of the company, Mr. Rufus Udechukwu, said that the product would allow the company to actively play in the ecosystem with the necessary liquidity.
LCFE Managing Director Mr. Akin Akeredolu-Ale expressed optimism about the ability of commodity exchanges to create jobs, improve the operations of all stakeholders in the commodity value chain and increase gross domestic product (GDP).
Akeredolu-Ale noted that agriculture is the primary sector of an economy and that when properly exploited it would have multiplier effects on other sectors.
“We started with a vision of creating an enabling environment for all commodity stakeholders to effectively participate in the development of the country’s ecosystem and economy,” Akeredolu-Ale said.
He noted that the commodities sector was the only sector that has not suffered a setback under COVID-19 because people have to eat even if it had to be imported.
“Our commodity ecosystem is worth billions of naira and has remained largely untapped,” he said. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yOZ
- Coronavirus – Eritrea: Ministry of Health announcement (May 5, 2021)
- Day of the Midwife: Invest in midwives to save more lives — UNFPA
- Liquid Telecom unveils new identity, Liquid Intelligent Technologies in Botswana as it establishes itself as the digital services partner of choice for African businesses
- Buhari salutes ex-NSC DG Al-Hassan Yakmut at 60
- Chelsea whip Real Madrid to reach Champions League final
- Video press release: Weekly press briefing on the coronavirus epidemic
- Enugu State inaugurates board for universal health coverage
- Video Press Release: WHO Africa COVID-19 Online Briefing
- Singer Paul Okoye hits 1m subscribers on YouTube, receives gold plaque