By Millicent Ifeanyichukwu
Lagos, Oct. 14, 2021 (NAN) Mrs Abdulsalam Khadijat, the Acting Principle of Federal College of Education (FCE) (Technical) Secondary School Akoka, Lagos, has tasked the 2020/2021 graduates of the school on morals and academic excellence.
Abdulsalam gave the charge at the school’s 10th Valedictory Service/Graduation Ceremony of 83 Senior Secondary (SS3) held on Thursday at the Paul Alabi Multipurpose Hall, FCE (Technical), Akoka, Lagos.
While congratulating the students and their parents on the successful completion of secondary school, she urged them to follow footprints of their predecessors who were recording first class in all their fields of endeavour.
According to her, the school has grown from Glory to Glory through the support of God Almighty, as it has successfully produced the best overall female candidate in Public Secondary School WASSCE 2020 in Nigeria.
” So, target to be the best or among the best in your morals and academic pursuits, always remember to let your light shine in the path of darkness.
” You need to be watchful of your attitude as it turns to be your character and accumulation of character leads to moral uprightness; also note that education without good character turns to vanity.
” Note that the secret of your success lies in your ability to discover it yourself; be more studious and this can only be achieved through determination, dedication, discipline, sacrifice, patience and above all prayers,” she said.
Earlier at the event, Dr Wahab Azeez, Provost of FCE (Technical), in his address described the Secondary School and as ‘ very dear ‘ to the institution and the management at large.
Azeez, who was represented by Dr Abiodun Lamidi, urged the fresh graduates to see themselves as ambassadors of the college and live up to the name and image.
” We see you as our ambassadors and it is in that spirit that we want you to see yourselves as great ambassadors of this college and members of a certain family.
” It is a pride for us that we have the staff school as well as the Secondary School, being that our institution is a training groud for teachers, so we have seen this two schools as our own demonstration school.
” So, our students teachers, on completion of their programmes in the College as the case may be, have opportunity to carry out their teaching practice in these schools.
” It is a big advantage for us because we train teachers at NCE and Degree levels, as we run degree programmes in affiliation with UNIBEN.
Also, Dr Sakariyau Adebayo, the Board Chairman of FCE (Technical) Senior Secondary School, in his remark advised the fresh graduates to bring more commitment to enable them get to the peak of their career.
On the sideline, Dr Sabiu Abdulqadir and Dr Oyekola, in the word of exhortation, urged the students to aspire to be great, prayerful, humble and to make their parents and school proud.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Bashua Oyinkansola emerged the overall best student of the 2020/2021 of FCE (Technical).
NAN also reports that one outstanding student in various subjects were also recognised and given awards including placards, books, boxes and other gift items.
The event also featured dance and song presentations by students of the school.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3D1j
- US Fashion designer Virgil Abloh, 41, dies of cancer
- FCT badminton club hosts maiden championship in Kubwa
- World Bank, El-Rufai applaud Kyari, as NNPC intensifies petroleum sector reform
- WHO Stands with African Nations and Calls for Borders to Remain Open
- NDLEA intercepts 12,385kg “Loud” marijuana in Lagos
- Incorporate recommendations into teaching curriculum to take Art Schools forward — Rector YABATECH
- “1115 C of O’s Yet to Be Collected by Applicants” – Oyo Govt
- CAC deploys e-Platform for registration of LLPs coy
- NSE, COREN commends Gov. Abiodun On Infrastructural Development
- UK to enforce new Covid rules from Tuesday
- Tens of thousands protest Austria compulsory vaccination
- French minister flies to Caribbean islands after mooting autonomy
- James Bond fan Fiala named Czech prime minister
- Buhari charges agric varsities to bridge food insecurity gap
- NIPC partners Isreali Embassy on i-FAIR 2021/22