Uzodimma mourns Late Sen. Arthur Nzeribe
NNN: Gov. Hope Uzodimma of Imo has expressed sadness over the death of former maverick politician and senator, Arthur Nzeribe, describing his death as a big loss to the state and Nigeria at large.
This is contained in a statement signed by the Governor’s Media Adviser, Oguwike Nwachuku, and made available to newsmen in Owerri on Sunday.
Nwachuku said that Nzeribe reportedly died on Sunday at the age of 83 according to family sources, having been born on November 2, 1938.
He added that the late lawmaker “will forever be remembered as a political juggernaut in Nigeria.
“His death has robbed Imo and Nigeria of a seasoned politician and business icon, and died when his fatherly and statesmanly advice were badly needed,” he said.
The governor commiserated with the family members of Sen Nzeribe, the people of Oguta, where he hails from, his political and business associates, friends and well wishers on his passing, urging them to pray for the deceased’s soul.
He said the death was a personal loss to his family, the government and people of Imo and prayed God to grant the deceased a peaceful repose.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Nzeribe represented Imo West senatorial district between October 1983 and December 1983 in the Second Republic on the platform of the Nigeria People’s Party (NPP).
At the return of the third republic he also represented the people of Imo West between May 1999 and May 2007 on the platform of the opposition People’s Democratic Party (PDP).
- Russia offers inmates ₦1.3m monthly if they serve in Ukraine, return alive
- Fidelity bank set to take over boards of Kano, Benin, Kaduna DISCOs
- Hajj: Oyo pilgrims offer special prayers for Makinde, Nigeria
- South Africa: Minister Pandor attends G20 Foreign Ministers Meeting in Bali, Indonesia
- Police warn cultists, hoodlums against celebrating ‘7/7’ Day in Osun
- Statement attributable to the Spokesperson for the Secretary-General – on Mali
- UN needs $68.4 million to help Central African Republic where 2.2 million are acutely food insecure
- Lagos Assembly adopts recommendations on Data Protection Bill
- England ready for Old Trafford launch of Euro bid
- West Africa and the MSGBC Region Showcase a Hive of Exploration Activities
- NSITF to collaborate ILO to regulate COVID-19 claims, compensations
- NGO tasks media on championing basic education rights in Kaduna
- 2023 budget: Kaduna State Govt will adhere to MTEF recommendation – Perm. Sec.
- WAFCON 2022: Our sight remains on the trophy, Falcons
- Ericsson invites participants to ‘Together Apart Hackathon’ to boost innovation in Nigeria
- Eid-el-Kabir: FRSC deploys 36,000 personnel, 750 patrol vehicles, ambulances
- OPEC Secretary-General, Barkindo dies at 63
- Banditry: Matawalle security agencies of his total support
- Gunmen attack Kuje Custodial Centre in Abuja
- Enugu govt. appoints Ihuoma Eze, acting coordinator of APPEALS World Bank project