While the faction led by Governor Abdullahi Ganduje held its congress at the Sani Abacha Indoor Stadium, the faction jointly led by former Senator Ibrahim Shekarau and Representative Sha’aban Sharada held its congress in Janguza, a suburb of Kano.
The faction led by Shekarau had previously gathered at the Sani Abacha Youth Center to hold the congress, but the police later dispersed them.
Ganduje-led faction returning officer Auwal Abdullahi said the congress started at the indoor stadium after selecting the candidates.
Speaking at the congress at Sani Abacha Stadium, Ganduje said that any other APC state congress except the one held at Sani Abacha Stadium in the state is illegal.
He said, “Some disgruntled elements may hold another convention elsewhere. As far as the APC is concerned, the Congress being held today, it is in this place that the national body is recognized.
“The information we have is that the only APC convention is the one currently taking place in this location. This place is the place where the Congress of the APC is held ”, declared Mr. Ganduje.
He urged party members to be of good behavior and ensure a smooth exercise.
Speaking after the congress chaired by Shekarau, Prof. Mohammed Sani Bello, the chairman dispatched from the APC national headquarters in Abuja, said the election went smoothly.
He announced that Danzago emerged victorious after delegates from 44 local government zones voted for him.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3D4D
- Complement your education with skills acquisition, NYSC boss charges corps members
- CEMAC Ministers Endorse African Energy Week 2022
- UNICEF and Liquid Intelligent Technologies launch a partnership to help Giga bridge the digital divide in Africa
- Nigeria, Chad to partner on power interconnection –Minister
- IMF Management Completes First Review of the Staff-Monitored Program with Guinea Bissau
- A child was infected with HIV every two minutes in 2020 – UNICEF
- EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu invites youths for Peace Walk
- 257 projects amounting to over N20b duplicated in 2021 budget- ICPC boss
- No nation can develop without respect for rule of law —- AfDB president
- MTN offers 575m shares at N169 per share
- Police rescue 3 kidnapped persons, recover 3 AK-47 rifles in Zamfara
- ISWAP terrorists flee as Super Tucanos ‘hover’ around Buni Yadi
- Gov. Fintiri dissolves management board of Adamawa United FC
- Three students killed in US high school shooting
- WHO advice for international traffic in relation to the SARS-CoV-2 Omicron variant (B.1.1.529)