CONUA National Secretary, Dr Henri Oripeloye, said this while paying a courtesy visit on the Vice Chancellor of the Federal University, Oye-Ekiti(FUOYE), Prof. Kayode Soremekun in Oye -Ekiti on Monday.
Oripeloye said that the members of the union were ready to work as soon as directive was given by the government that academic work should resume in the universities.
” We have our members who are fully ready to work, there are other members of other unions, even factions of Academic Staff Union of Universities(ASUU) who are ready to go back to work.
“I want to appeal to the federal government to consider other unions who are not part of ASUU’s fight to resume academic work in various universities.
” I want to equally appreciate the Vice Chancellor for his support to our members,” he said.
In his remarks, Soremekun expressed his delight over the visit.
” I want to commend your courage and steadfastness, please stick to your principles, be consistent because if the union are not careful, the union may end up like other unions too.
” The CONUA has set out on a path sooner or later history will commend you,” he said.
He added that the promotion exercise for 2020 would be announced by the authorities soon.
Edited By: Modupe Adeloye/Ali Baba-Inuwa
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3wpz
- Manufacturing, the key to job creation – AbdulRazaq
- COVID-19 worsens TB cases in Nigeria – Director
- Abia police command confirms attack on Uzuakoli division post
- 2023: Ebonyi INEC forms OEs for proposed voting units
- Governor Wike urges FG to allow states to develop minerals and pay royalties
- COVID-19: NCDC Performs 1,870,915 Tests, Confirms 70 New Infections
- Police neutralize 3 bandits and recover 330 stolen animals in Katsina state – PPRO
- NWFL Super Six: Sunshine Queens, Bayelsa Queens, draw 1-1
- Food security: the group trains 100 young Ebonyi in agro-industry