UNFPA, Sokoto Govt train 50 security personnel on implementation of VAPP law
NNN: The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) has supported Sokoto State Government in training 50 officers of Nigeria Police and Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) on the implementation of Violence Against Persons Prohibition (VAPP) law.
Speaking at the training on Friday in Sokoto, the Director, Women, in the Ministry of Women and Children Affairs, Hajia Habiba Ahmad, said the exercise was being funded by Global Affairs, Canada.
Ahmad said the training was aimed at enhancing the capacity of personnel who were investigators and handlers of GBV cases in the society.
She said participants were expected to educate others in their various institutions as a stepdown training in the effort to widen the scope of the exercise.
In a Goodwill message, UNFPA Representative, Mrs Gloria Enuaze, described the exercise as relevant and timely.
She urged participants to be more responsive in their duties towards safeguarding students, especially girls from the GBV occurrence.
Enuaze urged them to educate others in their environment and called for more collaborations and actions to tackle cases of GBV.
NAN reports that resource persons included Mr Joseph Julius and Dr Ahmad Musa, who took participants on various forms of GBV, causes, consequences and handling techniques.
- CAF Champions League now to be played over two legs
- CAF moves 2023 AFCON to January and February 2024
- African Super League to kick off August 2023, CAF says
- Kwara United revive continental competition ticket chase by whipping Nasarawa United
- NPFL: Wikki Tourists FC spank former champions Akwa United
- First WAFCON match win for Senegal after spanking Uganda’s Crested Cranes
- Delta APC guber Campaign Organisation lauds INEC on CVR extension
- Adesanya outpoints Cannonier to retain UFC middleweight title
- Presidential Amnesty Programme revokes training contract for ex-agitators
- Nigeria’s unity more important than religious, ethnic inclinations – Army chaplain
- GOC urges troops not to be distracted by operational hardships
- Posters: Kwara agency warns against abuse of billboards
- AbdulRazaq congratulates Offa-born law scholar on professorial rank
- Police arrest suspected fake officer in Ebonyi
- Shots fired in Copenhagen mall, several victims, one arrest
- Match Day 36 results in 2021/2022 NPFL
- Health: AbdulRazaq approves recruitment of 197 medical personnel in Kwara
- Ram dealers bemoan low patronage as prices soar in Benin
- Customs Onne Port command generates N115.26bn in H1
- Lagos reiterates commitment to providing enabling environment for MSMEs