Mr Buratai, a former army chief of staff, told Yola on Friday during the 24th, 25th and 26th convocation courses at Modibbo Adama University.
According to Buratai, who was the guest speaker, the underdevelopment of the Northeast was the main factor fueling insurgency and insecurity in the geopolitical area.
“Any country that does not ensure the development of its population would have security problems.
“We should not rely on the military option as the only way to solve our security problems.
“We have to tackle ideological, economic, social and political factors.
“My recent diplomatic foray has further refined my perspective on the urgent need for a military and non-military solution to the persistent and unnecessary conflict,” he said.
Mr. Buratai also said the situation required synergy, political will, sacrifice and commitment from government, civil society, traditional leaders and all stakeholders to end the sporadic attacks and put an end to to conflict.
“The central argument of this document is that security and development in the North East should not be approached individually but as an intrinsic element and that development is a requirement of stabilization,” he said.
Mr. Buratai stressed that anyone who relied only on the military and other instruments of coercion to resolve an insurgency such as Boko Haram terrorism would continue to suffer from insecurity.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3Dko
- US Fashion designer Virgil Abloh, 41, dies of cancer
- FCT badminton club hosts maiden championship in Kubwa
- World Bank, El-Rufai applaud Kyari, as NNPC intensifies petroleum sector reform
- WHO Stands with African Nations and Calls for Borders to Remain Open
- NDLEA intercepts 12,385kg “Loud” marijuana in Lagos
- Incorporate recommendations into teaching curriculum to take Art Schools forward — Rector YABATECH
- “1115 C of O’s Yet to Be Collected by Applicants” – Oyo Govt
- CAC deploys e-Platform for registration of LLPs coy
- NSE, COREN commends Gov. Abiodun On Infrastructural Development
- UK to enforce new Covid rules from Tuesday
- Tens of thousands protest Austria compulsory vaccination
- French minister flies to Caribbean islands after mooting autonomy
- James Bond fan Fiala named Czech prime minister
- Buhari charges agric varsities to bridge food insecurity gap
- NIPC partners Isreali Embassy on i-FAIR 2021/22