In a televised address to the nation on Friday evening, Museveni said the vaccines would be used to immunize at least 80% of the 5.5 million elderly people.
People under the age of 50, with underlying medical conditions at high risk of contracting the novel coronavirus, will also be vaccinated.
Uganda aims to immunize more than 21.9 million people who are most at risk of infection, including health workers, teachers, social workers and security personnel, the elderly and the elderly. suffering from underlying health problems.
“The government is working hard to ensure that we deliver an additional five million doses of AstraZeneca vaccine by the end of May to complete the immunization threshold and ensure that those vaccinated before they receive the second booster dose, ”Museveni said.
“Vaccines are the most effective intervention we have against COVID-19.
“The government and its partners are working hard to bring vaccines to most adults in Uganda to protect them and help us reopen the economy and get all of our children back to school.”
Henry Mwebesa, director general of health services, said last week that Uganda is expected to receive around two million additional doses of AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine in May through the COVAX facility.
Uganda has so far received 964,000 doses of AstraZeneca vaccine from the COVAX vaccine exchange program and the Indian government.
Data from the ministry showed that as of April 16, Uganda had recorded a cumulative total of 41,340 confirmed cases of COVID-19, with 40,898 recoveries and 338 deaths. (Xinhua / NAN)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yUv
- Children now more interested in entertainment than reading – Akpokeneme
- ECOWAS Court women’s forum share food items to indigents in FCT
- Again FCTA cancels Eid-il-Fitr public prayer – NEWS AGENCY OF NIGERIA
- COVID-19: FG imposes midnight curfew, reintroduces ban on mass gathering
- Stolen artifacts: Oba of Benin disowns impostors
- C/River to deploy drones for medical supplies – Ayade
- Karate Federation to attend Olympic qualifiers in Paris
- Maiden Davnotch Tennis Championship attracts 300 athletes
- Fans react as Davido ‘spanks’ daughter, Hailey for twerking