“I’m all for masks. I think masks are good,” Trump told Fox Business, adding that he would wear a face covering if he were in a “tight situation” with other people.
The president said that he hasn’t had to wear a mask because people around him have been tested for the coronavirus.
Asked whether he would wear a mask publicly, Trump said: “I mean, I’d have no problem. Actually, I had a mask on. I sort of liked the way I looked.”
Trump has been under growing pressure from both Republicans and Democrats to set an example for the country by wearing a face mask amid the currently surging United States coronavirus caseload.
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Monday that wearing a mask cannot be stigmatized, caling for wearing one in public amid the pandemic.
Also on Sunday, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said a federal mandate to wear masks in public was “long overdue” and faulted the president for not setting an example by wearing one in public himself.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3n9Z
- FRSC solicits motorists’ support to minimise crashes
- Rugby Africa Women’s Sevens Solidarity Camp Tunis – Final report of the two-day tournament
- Neymar extends PSG deal until 2025
- Ogun Govt., Private Firms Empower 100 Youths
- Coronavirus – Nigeria: COVID-19 case update (May 8, 2021)
- Okowa mourns ex-minister Aisha Alhassan
- Ogun Govt. Re-Affirms Commitment To Boost Agric Sector
- UNIBEN warns admission seekers against racketeers
- Video press release: Rugby Africa 7-a-side solidarity camp – Day 2: All matches will be broadcast live Saturday and Sunday on Rugby Africa’s Facebook page and Rugby Africa’s YouTube channel