However, Trump reiterated his unsubstantiated claim that Biden stole the election through rigging.
“He won because the election was rigged,” the president said in a tweet, adding that election observers were denied access to vote counting centres.
Trump also alleged that the votes were tabulated by a “Radical Left privately-owned company, Dominion, with a bad reputation and bum equipment that couldn’t even qualify for Texas”.
Media outlets called the election in favour of Biden on Nov. 7 after he polled more than the 270 electoral college votes required to win the race.
Trump, who has refused to concede defeat, has filed several lawsuits in battleground states, alleging widespread voter fraud.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that his efforts have largely failed, with the courts dismissing his case for lack of merit.
On Friday, Biden solidified his victory with 306 electoral votes after claiming the state of Georgia, thus becoming the first Democrat to win the Republican stronghold since 1992.
Thousands of the president’s supporters held a rally in Washington on Saturday in support of his allegation of electoral fraud.
Edited By: Kevin Okunzuwa/Ismail Abdulaziz
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3wFg
- NSCDC intercepts tanker with gasoline siphoned in Ogun
- FG collaborates with Sierra Leone on road safety – SGF
- Coronavirus – Rwanda: COVID-19 update (April 22, 2021)
- At 100, the Chinese Communist Party transformed China, the world – Ambassador
- Irrigation: Kano Govt releases water from Watari dam
- Jigawa government to demarcate 95 km of grazing reserves and roads for livestock
- Nigeria reports 100 new COVID-19 infections, 0 deaths in 10 days
- Trafficking in human beings: NAPTIP seeks a partnership with the army to strengthen its capacities
- NIMASA and Shippers Council Collaborate to Reduce Delays and Corruption in Ports