By Lucy Osuizigbo-Okechukwu
A motorcyclist was killed on Saturday in an accident involving a truck in Akwaeze in the Anaocha local government area in Anambra.
Kumapayi said the crash, which happened around noon, was caused by unnecessary speeding and passing.
“An eyewitness report indicates that the accident occurred as the speeding motorcyclist attempted to overtake the truck and was run over by the truck driver.
“The motorcyclist was taken to St. Joseph’s Hospital in Akwaeze by the FRSC Rescue Team from Igboukwu Command and was confirmed dead by the doctor on duty, and his body was deposited in the morgue.” , he said.
Kumapayi said the driver of the truck was turned over to police for further investigation
While expressing his condolences to the family of the dead, he urged motorcyclists to avoid unnecessary speeding and always put on their safety helmets to avoid head injuries during a road accident. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yJ2
- Page not found – NEWS AGENCY OF NIGERIA
- LIVE NOW: Rugby Africa Sevens Solidarity Camp: All matches will be broadcast live on Saturday on Rugby Africa’s Facebook page and Rugby Africa’s YouTube channel – Day 4
- COVID-19: NCDC announces 49 new cases, total now 165,661
- Edo Govt suspends activities of NCWS indefinitely
- Buhari tasks spiritual leaders to mobilise followers against crimes
- Rain halts Djokovic’s defeat in Rome as Nadal gains revenge over Zverev
- Eid-el-Fitr: FCT fun seekers call for more recreation spots
- LIVE NOW: Rugby Africa Sevens Solidarity Camp: All matches will be broadcast live Saturday and Sunday on Rugby Africa’s Facebook page and Rugby Africa’s YouTube channel – Day 4
- COVID-19 new wave: Bayelsa imposes fresh curfew