By Rabiu Sani
Maiduguri, Feb. 3, 2019 (NNN) The Nigerian Army on Sunday said its troops had successfully foiled attack and killed four Boko Haram insurgents at Malumfatori community in Abadam Local Government Atrea of Borno.
Col. Onyema Nwachukwu, Deputy Director, Army Public Relations, Operation LAFIYA DOLE, made the disclosure in a statement in Maiduguri.
Nwachukwu disclosed that gallant troops of the 118 and 119 Battalions engaged the insurgents when they attempted to attack the border community on Saturday night.
“On Saturday February 2, 2019; a group of Boko Haram terrorists attempted to attack the town taking advantage of darkness but met their Waterloo in an encounter with gallant troops of 118 and 119 Task Force Battalions.
“The vigilant troops engaged the terrorists with heavy fire power, killed four of the attackers while some of them escaped with gunshot wounds.
“The fleeing terrorists abandoned some of their weapons and equipment which were recovered by the troops”.
Nwachukwu listed the recovered items to include one Light Machine Gun; one Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG 7) tubes, three RPG bombs, three RPG chargers, a belt of 200 rounds of 7.62 mm NATO ammunition, five rounds of 12.7mm ammunition and four Hand Grenades.
He noted that the gallant troops were unrelenting and in hot pursuit of the fleeing insurgents.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-2jlJ
- SEC bans unregistered CMOs from operations May 31
- INEC creates additional 4,861 PUs in Lagos
- NAPTIP rescues 52 victims, arrests 4 suspected human traffickers in Kano
- SPDC’s pipeline spills 276 barrels of crude in April – Report
- Gov. Emmanuel donates N60m to families of slain policemen
- Maize farmers promise high produce, urge FG to sustain import ban
- We don’t need war in Nigeria — Ooni of Ife
- LASG to partner German firm on agribusiness
- Kano Govt to inaugurate waste recycling project, create 4,000 jobs –official