By Moses Omorogieva
The police in Lagos have arrested 10 suspected traffic robbers terrorising motorists in different parts of the state.
He said the Strike Team of the command arrested the suspects at Railway Crossing, Ikeja Along.
According to him, the suspects were attacking innocent people and dispossessing them of their belongings.
The image maker said that the police responded to distress calls from victims and arrested some of the suspects during robbery, adding that the others were arrested at their hideouts.
“They have confessed to the crime.
“The suspects also revealed that they attack their targets with iron rods, guns, cutlasses and charms.
Adejobi said that a gold necklace belonging to one of the victims and some other suspected stolen items including phones and wristwatches were recovered from the suspects.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Ketu/Mile 12/Ikorodu Road, Mile 2/Badagry Expressway and Ikeja Along-Iyana-Ipaja/Abule-Egba axis record high rate of traffic robbery.
These areas are known for heavy vehicular traffic.
The Commissioner of Police in the state, Mr Hakeem Odumosu, had recently promised to rid the state of criminals, particularly traffic robbers.
According to Adejobi, Odumosu has directed the commander of Rapid Response Squad and other tactical commanders to sectorise the state for easy operations. (NAN)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3zpL
- WAPA reiterates commitment to vulnerable women in Lagos
- Coronavirus – Daily update on the status of COVID-19 statistics in Zambia (May 5, 2021)
- EU moots military training mission to Mozambique – Official
- Vaccine shortage increases risk of COVID-19 resurgence
- NECO releases 2020 SSCE results
- Rugby Africa Mulligrubbers #AfricaAsOne with the launch of the men’s seven-a-side solidarity camp
- China ready to discuss COVID-19 vaccine patents within WTO
- Energy Capital & Power, Equatorial Guinea partner for an investor report, a documentary and an American event
- Insecurity: Lawyers back creation of state police