Trader in court for allegedly being in possession of counterfeit Naira notes
NNN: A 31-year-old trader, Daniel Anigboro, who was charged with being in possession of counterfeit Naira notes, on Friday appeared in an Ojo Magistrates’ Court in Lagos.
The police charged Anigboro with two counts of unlawful possession of fake currency and theft.
He, however, pleaded not guilty to the charge.
The Prosecution Counsel, Insp. Simon Uche, told the court that the defendant committed the offence on Oct. 22.
Uche alleged that the defendant was arrested at the Morogbo area of Lagos with fake currencies worth N25,000.
The prosecutor also alleged that the defendant stole N20,000 belonging to one Adepoju Oluwakemi.
He said the offence contravened the provisions of sections 287 and 364 of the Criminal Laws of Lagos State, 2015.
Magistrate A.A. Adesanya admitted the defendant to bail in the sum of N50,000 with two sureties in like sum.
Adesanya ordered that the sureties must be responsible persons who must be verified.
He adjourned the case until Jan. 13, for mention.
Edited by Tayo Ikujuni/Sadiya Hamza
- UN-Habitat, ESCWA highlight the importance of data collection and monitoring in improving the resilience of Arab cities
- Abuja fans express disappointment over Super Falcons’ poor performance against South Africa
- Kenya: President Kenyatta Assures of Conducive Investment Environment
- Super Falcons unfazed inspite of loss to South Africa, says Coach Waldrum
- Win against Nigeria crucial to our title ambition, says South Africa’s coach
- Libya: new suspected mass graves found in Tarhuna, says UN human rights probe
- Paucity of funds delays development of education in Katsina State – Official
- Borno inaugurates committee on repatriation, management of repentant insurgents
- Police re-arrest jailbreaker in Ondo State
- Army restates resolve to checkmate proliferation of small arms, light weapons
- Nadal swats away Dutchman Van de Zandschulp to march into quarters
- Presidential Amnesty boss woos N/Delta Diaspora to invest at home
- Saudi Exports Hosts 80 Egyptian and Nigerian Importers
- 2023: Sani picks El-Rufai’s deputy, Balarabe, as running mate
- Hoodlums attack lawmakers, injured 6, damage cars in Bauchi
- Enugu fans express dismay over Super Falcon 2-1 loss to S/Africa
- Lagos govt partners Ebony Life Academy to train 119 youths in filmmaking
- 2023: Focus on candidates’ antecedents, not religion leaning, Group urges Nigerians
- Encomiums pour in for Olu Jacobs at 80
- Borno PDP crisis deepens, as faction suspends legal adviser, others