As of 9:15 a.m., the 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average dropped 179.13 points, or 0.80 percent, from Friday to 22,126.35.
The broader Topix index of all First Section issues on the Tokyo Stock Exchange, meanwhile, lost 4.86 points, or 0.31 percent, at 1,565.82.
Real estate, marine transportation and consumer credit-linked issues comprised those that declined the most in the opening minutes after the morning bell.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3kEq
- FRSC solicits motorists’ support to minimise crashes
- Rugby Africa Women’s Sevens Solidarity Camp Tunis – Final report of the two-day tournament
- Neymar extends PSG deal until 2025
- Ogun Govt., Private Firms Empower 100 Youths
- Coronavirus – Nigeria: COVID-19 case update (May 8, 2021)
- Okowa mourns ex-minister Aisha Alhassan
- Ogun Govt. Re-Affirms Commitment To Boost Agric Sector
- UNIBEN warns admission seekers against racketeers
- Video press release: Rugby Africa 7-a-side solidarity camp – Day 2: All matches will be broadcast live Saturday and Sunday on Rugby Africa’s Facebook page and Rugby Africa’s YouTube channel