Tiv communities in Lafia North Development Area of Nasarawa State have declared support for Gov. Abdullahi Sule and Alhaji Mohammed Alkali, member representing Lafia North Constituency at the state House of Assembly.
Mr Peter Igbacher, the Leader of Tiv communities in the Area, stated this when he led a delegation from the communities on a courtesy call on Alkali in his office in Lafia on Tuesday.
Igbacher said that announcing their support to Gov. Sule and Alkali followed the development strides of the two personalities in the state and Lafia North constituency.
He said that their visit to the lawmaker’s office was to identify with him and to assure him of their support.
He commended the cordial working relationship between the state executive and the legislature and called for its sustenance.
Mrs Mark Tev, Senior Special Assitant (SSA) to Gov. Abdullahi Sule, emphasised the need for peace, unity and oneness among all political office holders in the state, including those from the area.
Tev said that their visit to the lawmaker was also to reunite and strengthen their relationship and work as one body in support of the APC led government in the state.
Responding, Alkali thanked them for the visit and re-emphasised the need for forgiveness among the people and the need to work together with all sincerity and to speak with one voice for the benefit of all.
“I will continue to remain committed and will continue to support Tiv people among other communities of my constituency in order to improve on their standard of living,”he said.
Alkali, who is the Chairman, House Committee on Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs, assured the people of quality representation in order to provide more dividends of democracy to them.
He promised to pass their message to the governor while enjoining them to remain committed to the party and continue to champion the course of peace and unity among their people and otheir communities across the state.
The lawmaker urged the Tiv communities and other communities in the state to continue to give their maximum support to the administration of Gov. Abdullahi Sule to enable him to succeed and for them to enjoy more dividends of democracy.
Edited By: Remi Koleoso and Abdullahi Yusuf
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3v5c
- How seamless payment experiences make retail brands more valuable and relevant (By Gilbert Lungu)
- Binance To Host Its First Offline Event In Cameroon
- Coronavirus – Uganda: Tackle the misinformation about Covid-19 Vaccination in Acholi
- Nigerian Air Force’s Super Tucano jet destroy ISWAP armoury, training bases in Lake Chad
- Deputy Chief Maybury Supports the 16 Days Campaign and World AIDS Day on ELBC Radio
- Akeredolu won’t allow workers enjoy Christmas – Ondo PDP Alleges
- Bill to regulate administration of sports mooted
- Compact: African Development Bank and IFC Partner to Advance Economic Development in Lusophone African countries
- Lagos govt explains why Nigerian Army intervened during EndSARS protests
- N15 bn cocoa processing plant begins operation in Ondo
- Fighting against drought-induced hunger: FAO provides rural households in Somalia with cash livestock and agricultural support
- ABU, CBN develop national farmers’ database
- Nigerian Navy arrests 5 stowaways at Lagos anchorage
- Woodside Energy Confirms Participation at MSGBC Oil, Gas & Power 2021
- After media reports, Kano govt unseals chamber of lawyer who secures victory against Ganduje-led APC