Tinubu’s Emergence, recipe for unity, equity, fairness, says Rep. candidate
NNN: Tinubu’s Emergence, recipe for unity, equity, fairness, says Rep. candidate
Tinubu’s emergence, recipe for unity, equity, fairness, says Rep. candidate
By Bashir Rabe Mani
Abuja, June 23, 2022 ( NAN ) An APC House of Representatives
candidate in Sokoto State, Alhaji Sani Yakubu, said the emergence of Sen. Bola Tinubu as the party’s presidential candidate is a recipe for unity of Nigeria.
”His emergence is a remarkable achievement to APC and Nigeria at large, for the sake of unity, equity and fairness,” Yakubu told the News Agency of Nigeria , on Thursday in Abuja.
Yakubu, a three-term member of the Sokoto State House of Assembly, emerged as the candidate for Gudu and Tangaza Federal Constituency.
He said, ”if elected, Tinubu will not disappoint Nigerians; he is an achiever par excellence.
”He transformed Lagos State when he diligently governed the state and he performed excellently well as a Senator.
”I am therefore optimistic that he will replicate same as President of Nigeria and he will sustain the laudable and tangible achievements of President Muhammadu Buhari.”
He also urged party members and other critical stakeholders in the country to work towards for Tinubu during the 2023 general elections.
Yakubu promised to accord priority to education, healthcare, rural water supply, poverty eradication, youths and women empowerment, among others.
” I felt very good and honoured when I emerged as the candidate. So, I intend to continue the good work I started at the State Assembly.
”I can tell you, by the special grace of God, I will clinch 70 and 90 per cent of the votes in Gudu and Tangaza local governments.”
On the ongoing continuous voter registration, Yakubu expressed the fear that most of his constituents might be disenfranchised.
”We seriously need the authorities to intervene, because majority of the people cannot afford to come to Gudu town, the local government headquarters to get registered.
”This is because of the high cost of transportation as the exercise is only being conducted as it is the only centre in Gudu Local Government Area,” he said.
On the recurring security challenges in the area like kidnapping,
banditry and cattle rustling, Yakubu called for the engagement of vigilante groups.
“They should be fully trained, equiped and adequately remunerated to complement the efforts of the security agencies in tackling the menace.” (
- CAF Champions League now to be played over two legs
- CAF moves 2023 AFCON to January and February 2024
- African Super League to kick off August 2023, CAF says
- Kwara United revive continental competition ticket chase by whipping Nasarawa United
- NPFL: Wikki Tourists FC spank former champions Akwa United
- First WAFCON match win for Senegal after spanking Uganda’s Crested Cranes
- Delta APC guber Campaign Organisation lauds INEC on CVR extension
- Adesanya outpoints Cannonier to retain UFC middleweight title
- Presidential Amnesty Programme revokes training contract for ex-agitators
- Nigeria’s unity more important than religious, ethnic inclinations – Army chaplain
- GOC urges troops not to be distracted by operational hardships
- Posters: Kwara agency warns against abuse of billboards
- AbdulRazaq congratulates Offa-born law scholar on professorial rank
- Police arrest suspected fake officer in Ebonyi
- Shots fired in Copenhagen mall, several victims, one arrest
- Match Day 36 results in 2021/2022 NPFL
- Health: AbdulRazaq approves recruitment of 197 medical personnel in Kwara
- Ram dealers bemoan low patronage as prices soar in Benin
- Customs Onne Port command generates N115.26bn in H1
- Lagos reiterates commitment to providing enabling environment for MSMEs