Today we are gathered here on the occasion of the opening of the Tana Baru Cemetery Trail Construction and Landscaping Project
ANKARA, Turkey, October 15, 2021 / APO Group / –
The official opening of the walking path and landscaping commissioned by the Turkish Cooperation and Coordination Agency (TİKA) in the Tana Baru cemetery, where the grave of the Ottoman Islamic scholar Abu Bakr Effendi is located, has occurred.
The Turkish Ambassador in Pretoria Ayşegül Kandaş, the Turkish Consul General in Cape Town Sinan Yeşildağ, the TİKA Coordinator for South Africa Mükremin Çakır as well as the members of the Tana Baru Trust, the descendants of Abu Bakr Effendi and the Turkish citizens attended the opening ceremony.
Emphasizing the historical importance of the Tana Baru cemetery for Turkey and South Africa, Ambassador Kandaş said: “Beside the tomb of Abu Bakr Effendi, there are also the graves of important historical and religious figures. from South America such as Tuan Guru and Tuan Said Aloewie. in this cemetery. “Stating that TİKA has been working on improving this 16-acre cemetery since 2013, Kandaş said,” Today we are gathered here on the occasion of the opening of the trail building project and landscaping of the Tana Baru cemetery. “Kandaş said there will be more such projects that respect Ottoman heritage in the future in Cape Town. Speaking to the descendants of Abu Bakr Effendi, Kandaş said: “You are a gift from the great Ottoman heritage. To date, 40 members of Abu Bakr Effendi’s family have been granted Turkish citizenship by presidential decree.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3D22
- US Fashion designer Virgil Abloh, 41, dies of cancer
- FCT badminton club hosts maiden championship in Kubwa
- World Bank, El-Rufai applaud Kyari, as NNPC intensifies petroleum sector reform
- WHO Stands with African Nations and Calls for Borders to Remain Open
- NDLEA intercepts 12,385kg “Loud” marijuana in Lagos
- Incorporate recommendations into teaching curriculum to take Art Schools forward — Rector YABATECH
- “1115 C of O’s Yet to Be Collected by Applicants” – Oyo Govt
- CAC deploys e-Platform for registration of LLPs coy
- NSE, COREN commends Gov. Abiodun On Infrastructural Development
- UK to enforce new Covid rules from Tuesday
- Tens of thousands protest Austria compulsory vaccination
- French minister flies to Caribbean islands after mooting autonomy
- James Bond fan Fiala named Czech prime minister
- Buhari charges agric varsities to bridge food insecurity gap
- NIPC partners Isreali Embassy on i-FAIR 2021/22