The Senate on Tuesday, resuming its two-week suspension, adjourned the plenary session to April 14, following the death of two members of the National Assembly.
This followed the adoption of a motion by Senate Leader Senator Yahaya Abdullahi (APC-Kebbi) and seconded by Minority Leader Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe (PDP-Abia).
“The distinguished chamber and our distinguished colleagues, the death of two members of the National Assembly, Mr. Haruna Maitala, who until his disappearance represented the federal constituency of Bassa / Jos North of the Plateau and died on April 2, in an accident of the road.
“Mr President, dear colleagues, I rise in accordance with our tradition to present two motions:
“One for the suspension of all other items which are on the Order Paper today for consideration.
“And also another motion for this distinguished chamber to observe a minute of silence in honor of the deceased, I suggest,” Yahaya said.
Senate Speaker Ahmad Lawan, while putting the motion to a vote that was passed unanimously, described the demise of the two lawmakers as another sad development for the National Assembly.
Senators then observed a minute’s silence in honor of the deceased before adjourning the plenary session to April 14. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yMV
- FRSC solicits motorists’ support to minimise crashes
- Rugby Africa Women’s Sevens Solidarity Camp Tunis – Final report of the two-day tournament
- Neymar extends PSG deal until 2025
- Ogun Govt., Private Firms Empower 100 Youths
- Coronavirus – Nigeria: COVID-19 case update (May 8, 2021)
- Okowa mourns ex-minister Aisha Alhassan
- Ogun Govt. Re-Affirms Commitment To Boost Agric Sector
- UNIBEN warns admission seekers against racketeers
- Video press release: Rugby Africa 7-a-side solidarity camp – Day 2: All matches will be broadcast live Saturday and Sunday on Rugby Africa’s Facebook page and Rugby Africa’s YouTube channel