By Gami Tadanyigbe
FCT Kuje Regional Council Chairman Abdullahi Sabo called on young people to spend more time in sports activities to develop their mental and physical state and promote peace and unity.
Sabo made the call during the final soccer match between Visions Stars FC and Lions Stars FC labeled “Hadari Football Competition” held at Kuje Township Mini Stadium.
He said that participating in sports activities would also go a long way in improving the morale and state of health of each individual.
Sabo said the sports activities also brought unity and peace among the young people throughout the competition.
The President therefore stressed the need for young men and women to always participate in sports, which he said would help keep them fit and healthy at all times.
He also reaffirmed his administration’s commitment to the development of the sports sector and youth unity through annual football competitions.
The Nigeria News Agency (NAN) reports that Vision Star Football Club won the competition to beat Lions Stars Football Club 3-0 in the first half of the 90-minute match.
The NAN also reports that prizes and gold medals were awarded to the best goalkeeper, players, coaches, as well as 15 other clubs that took part in the competition.
Coach Haruna Idris, chairman of the competition organizing committee, congratulated all the teams for their fair play in the competition and encouraged them to always engage in sporting activities in the region. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3z6i
- Victor Campenaerts warming up for the Giro d’Italia time trial on Zwift
- Abuja residents count losses as FCDA demolishes illegal structures
- Rugby Africa Sevens Solidarity Camp: All matches will be broadcast live on Saturday and Sunday on Rugby Africa’s Facebook page and Rugby Africa’s YouTube channel
- Adimula Commissions PTI Skill Development Academy
- Coronavirus – Rwanda: COVID-19 update (May 6, 2021)
- JUSUN, PASAN strike to end soon – FG
- Coronavirus – Eswatini: COVID-19 daily update (May 6, 2021)
- Jagun emerges new president of computer professionals council
- Coronavirus – Eritrea: Ministry of Health announcement (May 6, 2021)