By Ijeoma Okigbo
The unveiling took place on the sidelines of the 20th National Sports Festival (NSF) which ends Wednesday.
Uyi Akpata, vice president of the federation, said the facility was one of the best in the country.
He added that the goal of setting it up was to make the pitch a center for girls’ cricket.
“Just two years ago, we started exploring this ground (the Iyoba cricket ground). Now we have arguably one of the best pitches in Nigeria.
“This pitch will be presented as a mark of objective to make it a center of excellence for girls.
“So when we arrived here (in Benin) three months ago, during the Under-17 championship in January, we felt we had to have this locker room.
“We are happy that God has given us this opportunity, but we will continue to do our best for women’s cricket in Edo.
“I assure you that next time you come here, Iyoba will have a turf wicket. So a few friends are joining the PETS Foundation to see this happen, ”he said.
Akpata also praised his wife for her dedication to ensuring that the Iyoba turf gate was brought to light.
The Nigerian News Agency (NAN) reports that the PETS Foundation is one of the NCF partners. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yNh
- FRSC solicits motorists’ support to minimise crashes
- Rugby Africa Women’s Sevens Solidarity Camp Tunis – Final report of the two-day tournament
- Neymar extends PSG deal until 2025
- Ogun Govt., Private Firms Empower 100 Youths
- Coronavirus – Nigeria: COVID-19 case update (May 8, 2021)
- Okowa mourns ex-minister Aisha Alhassan
- Ogun Govt. Re-Affirms Commitment To Boost Agric Sector
- UNIBEN warns admission seekers against racketeers
- Video press release: Rugby Africa 7-a-side solidarity camp – Day 2: All matches will be broadcast live Saturday and Sunday on Rugby Africa’s Facebook page and Rugby Africa’s YouTube channel