By Sumaila Ogbaje
The Acting Director, Defense Media Operations, Brig.-Gen. Bernard Onyeuko, revealed it while taking stock of military operations across the country Thursday in Abuja.
According to Onyeuko, the terrorists delivered include 3,243 men, 3,868 women and 6,234 children.
Onyeuko said Operation Hadin Kai troops maintained an aggressive posture vigorously in the northeast, which had yielded significant results over the past two weeks.
He said the series of ground and air operations carried out in different locations in the Northeast Theater had reduced the operational capabilities of the insurgents, with several of them having been neutralized.
Onyeuko said several others were arrested alongside their informants and logistics providers, while other terrorists continued to lay down their arms and surrender to troops with their families.
“Some of these exploits have been recorded in Gwoza – Yamtake – Bita Road, Gwoza – Farm Center – Yamtake Road, in the Mandara Mountain area as well as in the towns of Pulka and Hambagda, all in Borno.
“Cumulatively, during the period, a total of 29 terrorists were neutralized and 13 terrorists, including their informants / collaborators and logistics providers, were arrested during operations.
“In addition, a total of 38 assorted weapons and 968 rounds of assorted ammunition as well as 48 stolen animals among several other items were recovered.
“So far, a total of 13,243 terrorists and their families comprising 3,243 men, 3,868 women and 6,234 children, have surrendered to troops at various locations in the northeast,” he said.
Onyeuko revealed that the air component of Operation Hadin Kai carried out air interdiction missions to thwart the attack by Boko Haram / ISWAP terrorists on the location of ground troops in the village of Aulari in the region. from Bama to Borno.
He said the encounter resulted in the destruction of three armed trucks belonging to the terrorists and neutralized dozens of their fighters while several others fled in disorder with varying degrees of injuries.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3D0u
- US Fashion designer Virgil Abloh, 41, dies of cancer
- FCT badminton club hosts maiden championship in Kubwa
- World Bank, El-Rufai applaud Kyari, as NNPC intensifies petroleum sector reform
- WHO Stands with African Nations and Calls for Borders to Remain Open
- NDLEA intercepts 12,385kg “Loud” marijuana in Lagos
- Incorporate recommendations into teaching curriculum to take Art Schools forward — Rector YABATECH
- “1115 C of O’s Yet to Be Collected by Applicants” – Oyo Govt
- CAC deploys e-Platform for registration of LLPs coy
- NSE, COREN commends Gov. Abiodun On Infrastructural Development
- UK to enforce new Covid rules from Tuesday
- Tens of thousands protest Austria compulsory vaccination
- French minister flies to Caribbean islands after mooting autonomy
- James Bond fan Fiala named Czech prime minister
- Buhari charges agric varsities to bridge food insecurity gap
- NIPC partners Isreali Embassy on i-FAIR 2021/22