TCN’s General Manager, Public Affairs, Mrs Ndidi Mbah made this known in a statement in Abuja on Tuesday.
Mbah said that TCN was working with the Group Managing Director of NNPC, Mr Mele Kyari and Chief Operating Officer, Gas and Power, Mr Yusuf Usman in resolving the challenge of gas availability to thermal power plants
She said that the support from NNPC had significantly improved gas supply to gas generation stations nationwide.
According to her, most power plants previously experiencing gas supply shortage have started generating power to the Grid
“if the trend continues, the problem of gas supply to power plants will be resolved in a matter of hours .
“Also, Distribution Companies as well as Point Load Consumers of Electricity will be adequately served,” she said.
She said that the appreciation also goes to all TCN staff on their duty posts nationwide and other sector players for their effort in sustaining the Grid during this trying period.
Edited By: Bola Akingbehin/Ese E. Ekama
- Africa Oil & Power officially opens workshops in Mozambique and celebrates International Women’s Day
- Call for an independent investigation into the death of Rwandan singer Kizito Mihigo
- Kasi Insight data on Africa is now available as part of an alternative data catalog through Bloomberg’s Data Market Place
- Whenever you’re ready to travel again, Jumeirah is here to help plan the perfect vacation with an exclusive global offer.
- Coronavirus – Eswatini: COVID-19 update (March 7, 2021)
- Global COVID-19 experts see inequitable vaccine distribution and reluctance to be key challenges for Africa in 2021
- Q&A with Paula Lanco – President of the Women’s Rugby Advisory Committee
- Coronavirus – Rwanda: COVID-19 update (March 7, 2021)
- U-19 men’s volleyball championship: Cameroon beats Gambia 3-0