The students, numbering 20, stormed the Lagos State Court of Arbitration, Lekki, venue of the Judicial Panel of Inquiry on SARS Abuses.
Speaking to the News Agency of Nigeria correspondent, Abdulazeez Soneye, the TASUED Student Union Government (SUG) President said that Onifade was allegedly arrested by officers of the Lagos State Task force on Oct. 24.
”He worked with Gboah TV, an online media platform. He went out to cover an incident at the Ministry of Agriculture, Abattoir, Agege, Lagos.
”He was found dead under mysterious circumstances a few days after his arrest.
“Due to the ASUU strike , he worked the online media house. He was arrested inspite of his ID and a reflector jacket showing he was a pressman.
The task force officials, he alleged, refused to listen to pleas by his colleagues that he was with them.
Reacting to the allegations, Egbeyemi, told NAN in a telephone conversation that late Onifade’s case has been handed over to the police for investigation.
“The case is with the Commissioner of Police, speak with the Police Public Relations Officer(PRO), I don’t know much about it,” he said.
”I cannot comment on this matter. I don’t know much about it. I will get back to you, ” he said.
Edited By: Sadiya Hamza
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3wkC
- New Fortress Energy named founding partner of the Basketball Africa League
- Respect and dialogue necessary to restore normalcy as the separatist league is strongly frowned upon
- Senate receives Buhari’s request to confirm Salisu Garba as CJ FCT
- Media Invitation – South Africa: Women and Men Against Child Abuse – Athletes Against Child Abuse
- INEC will resume CVR on June 28
- Coronavirus – South Africa: COVID-19 update (April 19, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Eritrea: Ministry of Health announcement (April 19, 2021)
- Office partners with German foundation to strengthen MDAs
- New report highlights impact of COVID-19 on African trade finance