Switzerland: President Cassis receives Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta
NNN: Swiss Confederation President Ignazio Cassis met with Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta in Bern on Friday, May 20, 2022. Their talks focused on improving bilateral relations, the upcoming elections in Kenya and issues related to the UN Security Council.
During their official meeting, both presidents paid tribute to the strength of bilateral relations between Switzerland and Kenya. Mr. Cassis congratulated Mr. Kenyatta on the official opening of the Kenyan embassy in Bern, which also took place on May 20. The opening of the embassy is a clear sign of deepening bilateral relations between Kenya and Switzerland, Cassis said.
During this presidential visit, the two countries signed a declaration of intent to strengthen cooperation in international missions for peace, education, research and innovation, and in relation to the UN Security Council. Kenya and Switzerland also intend to hold regular political consultations in the future.
The two presidents also addressed various multilateral and cooperation issues to guarantee the restitution of illicitly acquired assets. Kenya is a non-permanent member of the UN Security Council. Switzerland is currently seeking a non-permanent seat on the Security Council for the period 2023-24.
- Roadmap for new NNPC hinges on PIA – Okadigbo
- Sallah: Presidency condemn attack on President Buhari’s advance team in Katsina
- My alleged suspension over alleged financial impropriety a huge joke-PDP chairman
- We must appreciate our history to develop as a nation – History Teacher
- Bandits burn down 2 health centres, shut 69 others in Katsina— official
- Police confirm killing of area commander by bandits in Katsina
- UN chief welcomes ECOWAS resolutions on Mali, commends Goodluck Jonathan
- NAOWA gifts food items, medicine, others to widows of fallen soldiers in Imo
- PDP’ll participate in Ebonyi July LG polls- Party Chairman
- Breaking: Sporadic gunshots, bomb blast heard near Kuje Prison
- Gunmen kill police inspector, abduct Chinese national in Kwara
- Gender-based, income inequalities fuelling teen pregnancies in developing countries – UNFPA
- My removal did not follow due process, says Sacked Abia LG boss
- NADCEL: Army Chief, Yahaya, bags chieftaincy title in Imo
- Don calls for inter-agency collaboration to tackle insecurity
- PVCs: Group sensitises FCT women
- Army inaugurates classroom blocks, science laboratory in Imo
- Naira falls again to dollar at Investors, Exporters window
- COVID-19 vaccine trains immune system to create antibodies, says NPHCDA Boss
- Seplat, NLNG proffer solutions to Nigeria’s gas crisis