By Martins Abochol
A police officer attached to Mr. Shoban Tikari, chairman of the Takum local government council in Taraba, was killed on Saturday by suspected bandits who opened fire on the president’s vehicle in the village of Dogo-Gawa in Takum LGA .
The Nigerian News Agency (NAN) reports that the deceased policeman was from the 67th Mobile Police Squadron, located in the region.
Tikari, who confirmed the attack, said the militia, in numbers, launched an attack on his motorcade as he made his way to Takum, claiming the life of the deceased in the process.
The president, who declined to give the name of the deceased, called on the federal government to deploy more security personnel in the area.
The councils of Takum and Wukari in southern Taraba recently witnessed a wave of bandit attacks that resulted in the deaths of civilians and security personnel. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yUL
- FRSC solicits motorists’ support to minimise crashes
- Rugby Africa Women’s Sevens Solidarity Camp Tunis – Final report of the two-day tournament
- Neymar extends PSG deal until 2025
- Ogun Govt., Private Firms Empower 100 Youths
- Coronavirus – Nigeria: COVID-19 case update (May 8, 2021)
- Okowa mourns ex-minister Aisha Alhassan
- Ogun Govt. Re-Affirms Commitment To Boost Agric Sector
- UNIBEN warns admission seekers against racketeers
- Video press release: Rugby Africa 7-a-side solidarity camp – Day 2: All matches will be broadcast live Saturday and Sunday on Rugby Africa’s Facebook page and Rugby Africa’s YouTube channel