A female worker at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos, became a beneficiary of N15 million from popular musician Davido, a gesture to offset her medical bills.
The `IF’ and `FIA’ hits maker posted the video on his Instagram Story @davidoofical to share the joy of being appreciated after the surgery was successful.
“Aaww I paid for the surgery of a lady that works at the airport and they did this to thank ME! SO CUTE!’’
Though the name of the female colleague was not mentioned but the video clearly showed the appreciation to the `Aye’ crooner for his humanitarian gestures.
The singular act of philanthropy was not made public, not until April 18 when the airport threw a stunt at the airport to thank the music star.
This was not the first time the self acclaimed OBO was dishing out philanthropy gestures to people in need in the country.
Davido, who is known for his philanthropic gestures to the needy recently, built a house for Utibet, from Akwa Ibom who was recorded singing Davido’s `IF’ that went viral.
He had also given scholarships to indigent students and assisted others with school fees.
Edited by: Ekemini Ladejobi
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-2Pnb
- Siemens, German government and Solidarity Fund hand over 100-bed modular hospital solution
- NiMet predicts 3 days cloudiness, thunderstorms from Friday
- Arrival of the new Hapag-Lloyd East Africa service in Kenya and Tanzania
- Eid-el-Fitr: Uzodimma hosts Muslims in Imo
- Envoy pledges to strengthen Nigeria-Cuba relations
- Coronavirus – Rwanda: COVID-19 update (May 13, 2021)
- Real Madrid stay in title hunt with win at Granada
- Coronavirus – Eswatini: COVID-19 daily update (May 13, 2021)
- Nadal follows Djokovic into Rome Open quarter-finals after epic fightback