Salaam said that the postponement was as a result of the ongoing #EndSARS protests in some parts of the country, and the ensuing violence and curfews across the States of the Federation.
“We are compelled to inform you that the National Delegates Conference, earlier scheduled for Monday 26th and Tuesday 27th October, 2020, has been postponed. A new date shall be communicated as soon as the situation is normalized.
“We apologise for any inconveniences this change of date may have caused you as the situation is beyond our control,” he said.
The News Agency of Nigeria recalls that this is the second time SSANU will be postponing its National Delegate Conference to elect new national executive officers.
Its first postponement was in the last week of March, following for the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic and the lockdown.
Edited By: Remi Koleoso/Vincent Obi
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3vQH
- Lawan praises a harmonious relationship between the arms of government
- Providing public services is key to improving lives – SERVICOM
- Nigeria and Tanzania support defense collaboration – CDS
- NIS boss calls for effective border management
- Saudi embassy donates COVID-19 medical supplies to FG
- Pantami attack disrupts plan for secure national database – CSO
- FG, JUSUN / PASAN meeting postponed – Ngige
- Addressing the Myths of the COVID-19 Vaccine
- Gasoline Queues: NNPC Increases Daily PMS Trucks To 1,661