Spotify partners ColorsxStudios to showcase Africa’s musical talents
NNN: COLORSxSTUDIOS and Spotify have announced an exciting new partnership that will showcase selected African artistes, spotlighting hot new talent across the globe.
Melanie Triegaardt, Lead Music Strategy and Operationa, Spotify Africa, disclosed this in a statement on Wednesday.
Triegaardt said that the artistes would be featured on the COLORSxSTUDIOS website for fans to learn about their stories and the inspiration that guides their music.
She said Ayra Starr had been picked as the first artiste to be projected in an electrifying performance to the masses.
According to her, COLORSxSTUDIOS has been teaming up with Spotify to amplify selected up-and-coming Nigerian artistes from their RADAR Africa playlist.
She noted that Spotify’s RADAR Africa programme aimed to support emerging artistes and put them on the map by presenting them to new audiences.
She said a product of the programme, the RADAR Africa playlist, was the number one spot for Spotify listeners to discover their new favourite tracks from the continent.
“Recently, Nigeria’s musical talent has been receiving worldwide recognition and the first performer featured for the Spotify COLORS collaboration, Ayra Starr, is no exception.
“The Lagosian artiste has quickly become one of the most exciting voices to come out of Africa’s most populous city.
“After sharing her eponymous debut EP in 2021 featuring standout singles such as ‘Away’ and ‘Sare’, she went on to cement her promising status by releasing her debut full-length album ‘19 & Dangerous’ later that year.
“Over the course of the eleven-track project, which includes contributions from the likes of Foushée and CKay, Ayra Starr showcases her musical prowess with punchy, vivid tracks like ‘Fashion Killer’ and ‘Bloody Samaritan’,” she said.
Triegaardt said that with more than 1.4 million monthly listeners on Spotify, Ayra Starr was a force to be reckoned with.
“For her COLORS debut, she will set the stage alight with her brand new single ‘ASE’.
“Serving as another slice of the artiste’s signature Afrosoul sound, the track showcases her infectious vocals and confident, empowering lyrics against a bouncy soundscape.
“The marriage between COLORS and Spotify is the perfect way to showcase the talent of artistes featured on RADAR Africa.
“This partnership represents our commitment to driving artistes discoverability on the Spotify platform and helping them reach audiences beyond their home markets.
“We are excited to get behind Ayra Starr as one of Africa’s fastest rising exports and we can’t wait to see what more this partnership will bring,” she said.
Reacting, Ayra Starr said “It is such an honour to be heard on COLORS and to be a Spotify RADAR artiste all at once.
“I have watched so many COLORS videos over the years and always imagined what mine would look like, and I can certainly say I am proud of it!
“The song ‘Ase’ is very dear to my heart and I am so excited to share it with the world, I hope it empowers people the way it empowers me,” she said.
To check out Ayra Starr’s COLORS performance and discover more, music lovers can visit https:.lnk..
- 120 correctional centre inmates in Enugu gain admission into National Open University
- We’ll ensure changes in DisCos don’t disrupt service – FG
- Research: CSO tasks Kwara Govt on budget spendings
- Buhari salutes Army on 2022 NADCEL
- NMet predicts 3-day cloudiness, sunshine from Thursday
- Eid-el-Kabir: FRSC begins enlightenment campaign for motorists in Kano
- Barkindo’s death: NOG organisers call off 2022 dinner/award night
- Gov. Bagudu approves N52.9m for Kebbi boarding schools to celebrate sallah
- Nigerian petroleum industry holds night of tributes for Barkindo
- Our governorship candidate yet to announce running mate – Lagos PDP
- NSCDC urges newly recruited officers to maintain discipline, commitment
- Nigeria requires over 350m trees yearly to check deforestation – NCF
- FEMA, JICA empower IDPs in Abuja
- 2023: Group tasks INEC on peaceful, fair polls
- Influencer urges youths to maximise social media for wealth creation
- NOA expresses readiness to partner with CSOs, others on vote-buying
- Plateau APC Guber Candidate picks Butmang as running mate
- UK wants improved implementation of disability laws in Nigeria
- Running mate: PDP group faults voting by screening committee
- Gov. Fintiri commiserates with Barkindo family