While we wait in vain for the details of his detention by the Guinean security agency, the entire family of the sports press in Africa wants to call on the Guinean political authority to release Dioulde Diallo with immediate effect and without any conditions.
His continued imprisonment for more than a week is reprehensible, intolerable and definitely constitutes a flagrant violation of his fundamental rights because he has neither been brought to justice nor charged with any offense.
The Union of Sports Journalists in Africa (http://aipsafrica.com) believes that Dioulde’s continued detention is also a deliberate attempt to censor and gag the press in Guinea as well as to suppress the independence and freedom of journalists in campaign.
We are seeking the support of all who care about the legacy of freedom that Guinea stands out as a benchmark to call on Guinean leaders to bring about the release of Dioulde TODAY.
As an experienced and high profile journalist in Africa, Dioulde has the right to express his opinions and the right to exercise his freedom of movement without leaving or hindering. The Guinean security agency should release him now.
President of AIPS AFRICA – International Association of Sports Press (http://aipsafrica.com).
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3y7Y
- Coronavirus – Zambia: COVID-19 update (April 17, 2021)
- Video: Review of the activities of the NNPC from April 12 to April 18, 2021
- 10,000 blind to get free electronic canes
- Coronavirus – Nigeria: COVID-19 update (April 17, 2021)
- Road users hail FG’s road projects in the South West
- Coronavirus – Zimbabwe: COVID-19 update (April 17, 2021)
- Lecturer of ECOWAS, Tunis receives a doctorate from Alma Mater
- Coronavirus – Kenya: COVID-19 update (April 17, 2021)
- Sheffield United relegated from EPL after loss to Wolves