SBNA will act as a “permanent capital fund»Aiming to attract investors who have a long-term view of Africa. The joint venture intends to invest directly in Africa’s future with long-term capital, focusing on FinTech, financial sector integration, and micro and meso-finance.
Charles Kié, CEO and co-founder of New African Capital Partners, will lead SBNA. His professional career has included senior positions at Citibank, Banque Atlantique, Ecobank and AFC (Africa Finance Corporation), before co-founding NACP in October 2018 with Paulo Gomes.
The financial sector remains of crucial importance for the development of the continent. Long-term capital, modernization and investor engagement are key to transforming one of the most promising banking markets in the world.
With a substantial rate of return, the financial sector should attract more inflows and generate many more opportunities. In this particular area, SBNA wishes to focus on digitization, inclusion and sustainable finance. Efficiency and technology should open the banking system to the millions of people who deserve and need it.
To achieve these goals, SBNA brings together African know-how, strong financial, banking and technological skills, experience and knowledge. The joint venture will leverage this exceptional human capital and market knowledge to become a truly pan-African company dedicated to Africa’s growth and integration.
SouthBridge Investments (SBI) is the investment arm of SouthBridge Group. It was incorporated in 2020 and represents a major commitment to invest directly in Africa’s future. SBI will focus in particular on asset management and fund management in the areas of finance, manufacturing and industry, SMEs, with a particular impact on female entrepreneurship, sustainable development and green businesses.
Senior Partner, Dr. Frannie Léautier leads SouthBridge Investments as CEO. She previously held senior positions in prestigious international organizations such as the World Bank, the African Development Bank, and the Trade and Development Bank.
This joint venture, SBNA, is an important step for SouthBridge and NACP in their objective to deploy ambitious investment structures dedicated to Africa.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3y8q
- Buhari mourns President Deby – NIGERIA NEWS AGENCY
- More than 200,000 people return to Zimbabwe as COVID-19 impacts regional economies
- NWFL Super Six: Sunshine Queens beat Edo Queens to stay in contention
- Ondo Electoral Court rejects PDP petition against Governor Akeredolu
- RTS, S malaria vaccine reaches more than 650,000 children in Ghana, Kenya and Malawi with breakthrough pilot program
- Lagos State to Hold LG Poll in July
- CAF Confederation Cup: matches of the fifth day
- More refugees arrive in Chad following recent clashes in the Central African Republic
- MMA2 security personnel return lost bag containing 2.35 m N to passenger