“Let me say that, first, the president has reacted to this, in a statement which was issued earlier condemning the action.
“I must say that it’s a deeply distressing thing, very disturbing – such an atrocious killing of the young lady by a mob who took the law into their own hands; I think it’s very unfortunate.
“I think that their swift reaction to the situation clearly demonstrate the outrage of millions of Nigerians and also the desire of everyone to ensure that the perpetrators are quickly apprehended and prosecuted.”
Osinbajo said that there is no justification for extra-judicial killing as there are legal channels of addressing any misdeed.
He condoled with the family of the deceased and prayed God to comfort those she left behind.
“As the president said, there’s really no excuse for anyone to take the law into their own hands no matter the provocation, there are set processes for ensuring that we are able to redress whatever wrongs that are done against us.
“We must express our condolence to the family of the young lady, Deborah Samuel.
“I can’t imagine how her parents and siblings and members of her family feel, not just about her death, but the very horrendous nature of its occurrence.
“I think it’s very sad indeed, and we extend our sincere condolences to them; we ask that the Almighty will comfort them at this time,” he said.
- Environmentalists fault EU’s alternative to Russian Gas instead of renewables
- Zamfara APC reconciliation not on personal interest, says ex Gov. Yari
- Experts, veterans charge journalists on professionalism
- Nigeria, others review progress on global migration compact
- NAF free medical outreach excites Kaduna residents
- Ooni urges Oyetola to rely on divine success for his second term
- Average price for 5kg cooking gas increases to N3,800.47- NBS
- Primary : Atiku visits Gombe, confident of PDP delegates’ support
- Ondo assembly passes 2022 OSOPADEC budget into law
- Okada ban: Lagos Govt. says June 1 deadline won’t stop enforcement
- Gov. Ugwuanyi sets up, operationalises 10 type-3 PHC centres in Enugu – ENS-PHCDA boss
- WHO urges increased surveillance as COVID-19 cases rise in Americas
- Mali’s withdrawal from G5 Sahel, Joint Force ‘a setback’ for the region
- FG committed to protecting Nigerians from harmful use of data- Pantami
- CAN, JNI pledge support as FG conducts headcount for teachers, pupils
- Delta traditional rulers to partner CSOs to deepen gains of MDGs
- I’ll complete airport, school projects before leaving office – Fayemi
- ASUU Strike: NANS protests in Ekiti
- British Council to establish Arts, Culture Academy in Nigeria
- Africities 2022 Summit: Backbone of the continent, intermediary cities absorb most of the urban population growth, according to a report co-led by the African Development Bank
- Lagos govt., Polaris Bank unveil N1bn fund to empower artisans
- Nigeria reiterates commitment to implementing GCM agreement in New York
- Okada ban: Lagos residents express divergent views
- Perm Sec. harps on need to revive lost cultural values, traditions
- Businessman arraigned for alleged importation of fake drug
- Enugu: No life lost, nobody injured in Emene incident – Police
- FCTA demolishes over 30 houses in Trademore Estate Lugbe, over flooding
- Salami Panel: Magu will still be prosecuted if indicted despite promotion – Minister
- African Energy Week (AEW) Releases First Video for its Energy Investment Drive
- Troops recover guns, ammunition from insurgents enclave in Imo – Army spokesman
- Couple charged with involuntary manslaughter of housemaid knows fate July 7
- FG, Netherland to intensify efforts at curbing environmental hazards in Nigeria
- Investigating Policy and Business Requisites to Boost Hydrocarbon Investment in Africa
- NGO canvasses for more awareness on laws against SGBV in grassroots
- Agroforestry, Land Use policy to address land degradation – Minister
- African Energy Week calls for nominations to its world-renowned African Energy Awards
- Managing internal boundary crisis key to sustainable development — Ondo deputy governor
- Digitalisation will make public service smarter, faster — Akeredolu
- 25 ships discharge petrol, other items at Lagos ports
- Smart Africa Digital Academy (SADA) Launches its National Digital Academy in Ghana
- Army boss calls for civil society involvement in tackling insecurity
- 10th Youth Development Webinar Program 2022 “Building Youth Resilience: Transition to Green Economy and Beyond”
- Buhari’s support gave me political glory – Bauchi governor
- ICT: NCC begins awareness creation on safety, security for girls
- WHO authorises China’s CanSinoBIO Covid-19 vaccine
- Court permits landlord to break open, change locks on tenant’s door
- Sanwo-Olu describes RANAO as vanguard association for national development
- Africa Hospitality Investment Forum (AHIF) Returns to Morocco
- Community leader, 2 others docked for alleged intimidation
- Zamfara APC holds mini delegates conference