Slapfight Nigeria Managing Director Abdullrahman Orosanya said in a statement that the inaugural Slapfight Championship would be labeled “slapmania 1.0”.
He noted that sports athletes should strictly follow their dietary advice and avoid banned substances.
“There are nutrition, diet and training regimes that the athlete must practice to stay competitive and healthy.
“Athletes need to avoid the hassle of not taking any approved or contraband substances and drugs in order to have a clean championship.
“After the required training, the stage will now be set for the inaugural Slapfight Championship in Lagos in October 2021,” he said.
Mr. Orosanya added “that the CEO of the US Slapfight Championships, T Tilley, appreciated the athletes and officials for their participation in new combat and extreme sports.
“During his presentation, he introduced the participants to the strategies, techniques, rules and regulations of slapfighting using a demonstration video. He also presented a step by step procedure to participate in Slapfight.
“He informed the participant that the object of the fight is to knock down or knock out the opponent by hitting the cheek with the heel of the palm.
“The fighter must make sure that the crest of the palm comes in contact with the tip of the opponent’s chin without committing a fault,” he said.
Quinn Davidson, a professional mixed martial arts fighter and Slapfight Championship official, also demonstrated and explained the procedures of a fight.
“He started with the competitor on the offensive end, holding on tight and measuring the opponent’s cheek, hitting a good shot, without committing a foul, violation or clubbing.
“The defensive fighter holds his hands behind his back to avoid leaning forward when a knockdown or knockdown hit the cheek, without flinching or walking.
“He provided the demonstration of all violations, penalties and unified rules approved for slapfight by the Slapfight Championship and the World Slapfight Alliance,” he said.
Current super heavyweight champion Frank the Tank spoke about slapfighting techniques.
He said: “This is formed by standing firmly with both knees slightly bent forward, aligning the opponent and making their fingers relaxed and flexible.
“He has to make sure that the slap lands perfectly on the opponent’s cheek with the heel of the palm at the end of the chin,” he said.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3D3g
- Nigerian government must prioritize infrastructure investment to boost economy – Emefiele
- Kano and Lagos demand a 1% increase in revenue allocation
- Guinea-Conakry deserves a just energy transition and more investments in oil and gas during the MSGBC Oil, Gas and Energy Forum in Dakar
- ITFC signs a 40 million euro agreement with SONACOS to finance the 2021/22 peanut season in Senegal
- We are not enemies of state, but partners in progress: Civil Society Organisations
- Beni: MONUSCO builds new camp for FARDC in Kididiwe
- USAID provides additional humanitarian assistance to the people of the Central African Republic
- Operational update on Ethiopia: responding to growing humanitarian needs amid increasingly difficult security conditions
- Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) and US Department of State Return Stolen Artifacts to Mali
- Cellulant to Power Payments for ImaliPay’s Drive for Gig Workers’ Financial Inclusion
- Liquid Intelligent Technologies Celebrates B-BBEE Level 1 Achievement
- Nigeria launches improved ePassport in the UK
- Health center burned amid wave of violence in Foube
- The Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs meets with the Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation of The Gambia
- Nigeria halts oil operation in Bayelsa