By Nzube Nlebedim
Senegalese President Macky Sall has called for a transformation of the organization, management, execution and evaluation processes within the national oil and gas sector, as the country prepares to enter oil and gas operations from 2023.
The president made his announcement during a virtual conference held with the Council of Ministers on Wednesday.
Expanding on a previous meeting he chaired earlier this month (https://bit.ly/3qACxXn), President Sall advocated for better management of oil and gas resources, backed by a new roadmap accelerating reforms. and guarantees adequate supervision of projects by the relevant ministers and parastatals.
To this end, President Sall implored the Minister of Oil and Energy, Aissatou Sophie Gladima, to work to revolutionize reporting systems within the hydrocarbon sector and implement a coherent communication strategy on oil and gas management. gas.
President Sall also urged the national oil company PETROSEN to finalize production-sharing contracts and association agreements with operators, with a view to promoting the inclusion of the private sector and indigenous industries.
President Sall has also requested that the Ministry of Finance and Budget finalize the oil and gas development related revenue sharing bill before the end of March 2021.
Finally, the Head of State urged the government to support the creation of the National Oil and Gas Institute, as well as to formalize the regulation related to education and training in the sector, in an attempt to develop human capital and facilitate the transfer of resources. knowledge, skills and technology. .
Africa Oil & Power will unite leaders from Senegal, Gambia, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea, Mauritania and the broader West African region with global energy negotiators, for the first MSGBC Oil, Gas & Power 2021 conference and expo from 26 to October 27 in Dakar, Senegal. Learn more about Senegal and the MSGBC energy industry and the event at www.MSGBC2021.com and contact International Conference Director Joao Marques directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tanzania tries to bring back contraband chameleons seized in Austria
- Desert locust invasion destroys huge cultivated land in Ethiopia – UN
- African Football – Election of the African Football Confederation (CAF): Ceremony of African Unity
- Media advisory – African football – Election of the African Football Confederation (CAF): Ceremony of African Unity
- Coronavirus – Kenya: COVID-19 update (March 5, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Eswatini: COVID-19 update (March 5, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Rwanda: COVID-19 update (March 5, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Ethiopia: COVID-19 update (March 5, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Djibouti: The first quantity of COVID-19 vaccines arrives in Djibouti