By Kingsley Okoye
Senate Speaker Ahmad Lawan urged Nigerians to continue praying for government leaders as they tackle the various challenges facing the nation.
Ola Awoniyi, his special media adviser, said in a statement that Lawan made the appeal on Saturday during fundraising for the Central Mosque of the Emirate of Potiskum, Potiskum, Yobe.
The Senate Speaker, who announced a donation of N20 million to support the project, said leaders still need prayers, especially from followers.
He said that President Muhammadu Buhari was a God-given leader, so people should pray for him and others for good health and to continue to lead the country successfully.
“He is doing his best for you and we too who are part of his leadership, we are doing our best to make sure everything is going well for Nigeria.
“I will therefore urge you to continue to pray for our leaders that Allah Almighty will continue to guide them as they come up with solutions to the problems of security, youth unemployment and that we continue to help our people.
“The same is with our state, the state of Yobe, our pride. Our governor, Mai Mala Buni, is doing his best to ensure the development of the state.
“It is common knowledge that there are development projects in every part of the state,” Lawan said.
The Senate Speaker announced that Senator Sani Musa, who accompanied him, donated 5 million Naira while Senators Bello Mandiya and Sadiq Suleiman donated 1 million Naira each for the project.
Other Senators who accompanied the Senate Speaker on the Abuja trip included Senators Abdullahi Adamu, Adamu Aliero and the Hon. Tijjani Dan Mutum. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yVz
- Eid -el-Fitr: Gov. Ganduje frees 123 prison inmates
- Coronavirus – Malawi: Daily update of information on COVID-19 (May 13, 2021)
- World Bank to construct 13.16km Lagos farm roads
- Coronavirus – Ethiopia: COVID-19 cases reported in Ethiopia (May 13, 2021)
- Eid el-fitri: Cleric preaches unity, tolerance to check ethnicity
- Cargo Airport project ‘ll increase economic fortunes of Anambra- ONICCIMA
- FIFA World Report: Give Every Talent a Chance
- Diaspora voting critical to effective participation in governance – council
- Visit Rwanda and RwandAir join the Basketball Africa League as official partners