Senate ‘ll soon pass Bill on arms proliferation – Spokesperson
NNN: Senate spokesman Senator Ajibola Bashiru says the small arms and light weapons control bill pending before the National Assembly will soon be passed.
Bashiru (APC – Osun Central), made this known while speaking to journalists in his constituency in Osogbo.
He said that nothing would delay the approval of the bill, which he said seeks to address the problem of the increase in the proliferation and illegal possession of firearms throughout the country.
According to him, the bill is currently in the Committee stage and he says that when it is finally passed, it will definitely go a long way in curbing criminal activities and security issues in the country.
“In a matter of weeks, the bill will actually see the light of day.
“I fully support the bill and if passed, it will help the country reduce and possibly end criminal activities in the country,” he said.
Commenting on the state’s gubernatorial election on July 16, Bashiru said that with his relationship with Governor Gboyega Oyetola, he would ensure that APC secure the candidacy for the second term.
According to him, I fully support APC in the state, as well as the entire Osun Central Senatorial District to represent them in the National Assembly.
He said the Osun Central Senate District had benefited immensely from Governor Adegboyega Oyetola’s administration and was ready to support him.
Bashiru also said that he would continue to encourage his constituents with the dividends of democracy.
- Vertiv Strengthens EMEA Leadership Team with New Promotions
- Four-star Botswana see off Burundi in debutants match up
- South Africa: Abandoned Coal Mines Risk Safety, Rights
- Sallah: FRSC to deploy breathalysers – FRSC
- UN-Habitat, ESCWA highlight the importance of data collection and monitoring in improving the resilience of Arab cities
- Abuja fans express disappointment over Super Falcons’ poor performance against South Africa
- Kenya: President Kenyatta Assures of Conducive Investment Environment
- Super Falcons unfazed inspite of loss to South Africa, says Coach Waldrum
- Win against Nigeria crucial to our title ambition, says South Africa’s coach
- Libya: new suspected mass graves found in Tarhuna, says UN human rights probe
- Paucity of funds delays development of education in Katsina State – Official
- Borno inaugurates committee on repatriation, management of repentant insurgents
- Police re-arrest jailbreaker in Ondo State
- Army restates resolve to checkmate proliferation of small arms, light weapons
- Nadal swats away Dutchman Van de Zandschulp to march into quarters
- Presidential Amnesty boss woos N/Delta Diaspora to invest at home
- Saudi Exports Hosts 80 Egyptian and Nigerian Importers
- 2023: Sani picks El-Rufai’s deputy, Balarabe, as running mate
- Hoodlums attack lawmakers, injured 6, damage cars in Bauchi
- Enugu fans express dismay over Super Falcon 2-1 loss to S/Africa