By Kingsley Okoye
The Senate confirmed on Wednesday the appointment of Dr Halilu Shaba as director general of the National Agency for Space Research and Development.
In the letter, Buhari urged lawmakers to give his request an expedited review.
Ekwunife, during the presentation of the report, said the candidate has demonstrated more than 21 years of postdoctoral research experience in space science, six years above the minimum requirements to be appointed NSRDA chief executive.
She said the candidate had been cleared by the Nigerian Police, Department of State Security Services (DSS), to be appointed.
Ekwunife maintained that the candidate provided proof of tax clearance and an acknowledgment of receipt of the code of conduct.
She said the committee was ultimately satisfied with the candidate’s qualifications, performance and suitability for the post.
“The committee is satisfied that the candidate is eminently qualified for the post for which he is proposed and hereby recommends him for Senate confirmation,” Ekwunife said.
The Senate, after a voice vote, confirmed the appointment of Halilu Ahmad Shaba as NSRDA director general. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yOf
- VSF donates N7m to families of deceased NAF officers
- Okala one of Africa’s greatest goalkeepers — Sports minister
- Centre advocates value reorientation to fight insecurity
- Gunmen set ablaze another police station in Abia, kill 2 cops
- Iran urges int’l community to stop Israeli attacks on Palestinians
- APC denies releasing timetable for congresses, national convention
- Basketball Africa League and Flutterwave announce multi-year partnership
- India inaugurates 1st batch of indigenous anti-COVID-19 drug
- AUDA-NEPAD and Ecobank Group partnership move to funding phase of 100,000 MSME Initiative