2023: Sen. Ogba names Osi as Ebonyi gubernatorial running mate
NNN: Sen. Obinna Ogba, a factional governorship candidate of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in Ebonyi, has nominated Dr Oliver Osi as his running mate.
Osi is currently a lawmaker representing Ivo State Constituency in the Ebonyi House of Assembly.
His nomination was conveyed in a letter dated June 22 addressed to Sen. Iyiorcha Ayu, National Chairman of PDP.
Ogba, who is representing Ebonyi Central Senatorial Zone in the Senate, said Osi’s nomination was in compliance with provisions of the 1999 Nigeria Constitution..
The letter read: “In compliance with Section 187(1) and (2) of the 1999 Nigeria Constitution, as amended, the electoral guidelines and the PDP guidelines, I write to convey my nomination of Dr Oliver Osi as the deputy governorship candidate of our great party in the 2023 general election.
“His nomination is the outcome of detailed and wide ranging consultations with party stakeholders in the state. I have no doubt that his inclusion will add strong electoral value to our ticket.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Ogba was elected the PDP governorship candidate in primary the election conducted by a faction led by Mr Tochukwu Okorie on June 5.
However, an Abakaliki Federal High Court earlier in June nullified the primary election conducted by the Ogba group and upheld the primaries conducted by Mr Silas Onu’s led faction.
The Onu’s faction elected Dr Ifeanyochukwu Odii as the party’s governorship candidate on May 29.
Both Okorie and Onu are laying claims to the chairmanship of the party in Ebonyi.
- Court orders forfeiture of convict’s iPhone, laptop, Mercedes Benz to FG
- African Energy Chamber Launches Q2, 2022 Outlook, the State of African Energy
- European police stage major raids against people smuggling
- Social protection focal points in FAO shared experiences during a regional training and strategic planning meeting in Nairobi
- Osun 2022: APC South Africa drums support for Oyetola’s re-election
- Vitol Group’s Steve Brann to Shape LNG Discussions at African Energy Week (AEW) 2022
- Ugandan private kills two soldiers in DR Congo’s east
- No ordinary irrigation in the Gambia: innovative solar-powered technologies are securing access to water for rural communities
- Abducted Kaduna Catholic Priest regains freedom
- The International Islamic Trade Finance Corporation Unveils the Annual Development Effectiveness Report (ADER) Titled ‘Towards a Resilient Trade’
- Euro slumps as recession risk stalks eurozone
- UAE Ambassador to Cape Verde presents his credentials
- Vertiv Strengthens EMEA Leadership Team with New Promotions
- Four-star Botswana see off Burundi in debutants match up
- South Africa: Abandoned Coal Mines Risk Safety, Rights
- Sallah: FRSC to deploy breathalysers – FRSC
- UN-Habitat, ESCWA highlight the importance of data collection and monitoring in improving the resilience of Arab cities
- Abuja fans express disappointment over Super Falcons’ poor performance against South Africa
- Kenya: President Kenyatta Assures of Conducive Investment Environment
- Super Falcons unfazed inspite of loss to South Africa, says Coach Waldrum